Little Disappointed With The RB Personnel In The game

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Blackledge made the same comment in the 4th Qtr about about using Bo I did in the first half. I just think we needed somebody with quicker start,I understand a big back is the way people go, but I was happy seeing Harris go over the top for a first down, for me using Bo from sideline to sideline with as quick as Clemson was not the way to go. Throwing out against the DBs I liked for runs after the catch I liked.The throw to J cups was telegraphed to much for me. :BigA::BigA: Roll Tide Lets Go Beat The Dawgs

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Little Disappointed With The Personnel In The game

I think that Saban and Daboll have fallen into the trap of having seen him perform at a high level in the past and assuming that he will reach that level again. Sadly, he may not.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

I think that Saban and Daboll have fallen into the trap of having seen him perform at a high level in the past and assuming that he will reach that level again. Sadly, he may not.
I definitely hope they change in these situations, a team with good speed and tackling will make us kick a lot and my confidence had gotten better till last night.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Bo confidence is not there at all this year. I still think they were trying to get him more involved, to get his confidence up ... So no, I'm not upset with how they used personnel in the. With jacob's hamstring, and Najee lack of experience.. you have to go with Harris/Scarbough rotation. However, I do expect Jacob to get more playing time against Georgia and use Bo for 3rd down and short situations.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I definitely hope they change in these situations, a team with good speed and tackling will make us kick a lot and my confidence had gotten better till last night.
You can't be serious with this post. Clemsons defense is as good as we've seen over the past two seasons.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

I still think that Bo Scarborough, of given a ton of snaps consistently would look better. Same with Damien Harris and najee Harris. I think most of the Bama rb would look better of given some time in game.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

Bo confidence is not there at all this year. I still think they were trying to get him more involved, to get his confidence up ... So no, I'm not upset with how they used personnel in the. With jacob's hamstring, and Najee lack of experience.. you have to go with Harris/Scarbough rotation. However, I do expect Jacob to get more playing time against Georgia and use Bo for 3rd down and short situations.
No Bo when there is not much room to run 3rd and what ever Bo wouldn't have gotten the first down when Harris had to go over the top, as far as his confidence if he don't have i'm afraid it may be a little to late. I'm a big fan of Jcups as far he is quick to the line hard to bring down. Really like that in a back and we all know his hands.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

That's exactly what I said with Clemsons fast swarming defense,Bo takes a little more to get int in gear.
I think Bo is best in the middle, I didn't think the sideline to sideline route was the best option for him. I was more curious about Jacobs assuming he was healthy

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Jacobs is a real difference maker. I hope he is ready to go against UGA. Alabama has so many talented backs that it's hard to manage it at times. Damien Harris, Scarbrough, Jacobs and Najee Harris all bring something different to the game. I thought Najee looked really good on the play where he caught the pass and turned it into a first down. The tight ends weren't involved much either. Irv Smith had one catch but that was it. I think Daboll will have to call a much better game against Georgia because I'm not confident in holding them to just 6 points like Clemson.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

I guess my title didn't really say what i mean't. I was really talking about the running backs that was in for certain situations. I think it was at the half, coach wasn't happy with the red zone.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If I were calling plays against GA, DH would get every carry until he begged to come out. 30 or more carries in this game would be my goal for him.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

If I were calling plays against GA, DH would get every carry until he begged to come out. 30 or more carries in this game would be my goal for him.
Harris definitely needs a lot of touches. I'm interested to see how the carries are spread out among the backs behind him. Of course, the offensive line needs to come through big.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Damien ran angry last night, as he has most of this year. I'd love to see him get thirty carries.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

I like Mr. Harris better this year but with three RBs they all have there own Identity for me different RBs call for which one is best for the situation, There are several factors involved in who gets the call. I don't think anyone can argue with that but you'll find somebody that will!!! :)

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com

Unfortunately I think Bo's injury last year has cost him a step. If I remember correctly his two tds(vs Clemson) last year were runs to the outside. He just isn't quick enough anymore to hit those. I'd have Harris first string, then Jacobs, and then Nag, with Bo close to Nag.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

So nobody noticed RunDaboll/DaBullhead was committed to running to the left side as was so successful against All Bran? - 'Bama RBs must've hit the "1" hole at least twice against Clemps. Maybe he'll become RunDabollLeft vs. Uga by upping that propensity to three running plays to that side...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.