Arizona Fires Rich Rod

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Re: Arizona Weighs Firing Rich Rod

I am surprised he has lasted as long as he has. He was a one hit wonder from his days at WVU.
Courtesy of one of the best college spread QB's I have ever watched; Pat White

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
He took four years of Latin so he can translate a lot of words or get it close enough so we know what they mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
But they're not firing for cause. They're even honoring the terms of his separation clause in his contract.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's what jumped out at me when I read this last night. They "uncovered" some "other stuff" yet are honoring the full terms of his contract? If the "other stuff" was even remotely bad you know good and well that school would have done everything in their power to not honor his contract. Sounds to me they fired him on unsubstantiated claims.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That's what jumped out at me when I read this last night. They "uncovered" some "other stuff" yet are honoring the full terms of his contract? If the "other stuff" was even remotely bad you know good and well that school would have done everything in their power to not honor his contract. Sounds to me they fired him on unsubstantiated claims.
They can fire him for no cause, but they have to pay him. If they fire him for cause and cannot prove their claims, it will cost them a lot more than the contract payout. Best to just pay him and move on.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe it's not criminal, just embarrassing for the school.

Or maybe some law protects him; did sarkisian ever get paid by USC for wrongful termination?

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Re: Arizona Weighs Firing Rich Rod

Courtesy of one of the best college spread QB's I have ever watched; Pat White
And a pretty good RB in Steve Slaton. Decent 1-2 punch especially when playing in the old Big East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don’t think he was either. I seem to recall hearing that once CMM found out Saban was available he low-balled RR on the job offer knowing that he would say no—or something to that effect.
I think you're right. I think there were some other forces that were panicking and didn't want to risk waiting on Saban. And I think Coach Moore handled the situation just as you described, which bought more time.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don’t think he was either. I seem to recall hearing that once CMM found out Saban was available he low-balled RR on the job offer knowing that he would say no—or something to that effect.
That's not exactly how he tells it in his book but close. Said he had a feeling Rich would change his mind on the job if he flew back to Morgantown before the deal was complete. Mal still had a feeling Saban was in play and would come to Alabama, so he let Rich fly back to talk to WVU and his players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.