Hugh Freeze speaks

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
I can't do it justice with Cliff's Notes. He went ---almost----full Jimmy Swaggart. After listening and hearing the calls following, I have to wonder about the sanity of the "average" person who listens to Clay Travis.

Now opinion---somebody paid well for this PR gimmick.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I can't do it justice with Cliff's Notes. He went ---almost----full Jimmy Swaggart. After listening and hearing the calls following, I have to wonder about the sanity of the "average" person who listens to Clay Travis.

Now opinion---somebody paid well for this PR gimmick.
He is a freaking idiot.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
You get him and Rush Propst on the same staff, oh my....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Listened this AM. He reached out the Travis for the interview and Travis kept the kid gloves on. Obvious PR interview, but Freeze did say all the right things and owned his actions.

I suspect he'll be on someone's staff this fall - dude is an excellent coach and will make someone a very good OC.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Listened this AM. He reached out the Travis for the interview and Travis kept the kid gloves on. Obvious PR interview, but Freeze did say all the right things and owned his actions.

I suspect he'll be on someone's staff this fall - dude is an excellent coach and will make someone a very good OC.
Shouldn’t this be called his “Petrino” moment, haha.

You’re right about him being a good coach and someone will get a good OC @ a potentially good deal financially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I just hope he don't land at LSU. With the talent there, they could become dangerous.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I just hope he don't land at LSU. With the talent there, they could become dangerous.
I get the feeling he will be roaming the sidelines somewhere next season but probly not the Whos. His system is very QB centric and the Corndogs simply have issues at that position talent-wise. Not to mention the fact that they broke the bank keeping their DC happy. Freeze will be somewhere though guaranteed.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think LSU is on the verge of becoming a hot burning dumpster fire. Coach O was supposed to be a CEO type coach yet the one game he meddled in the office they lost to Troy, had to go meet with the AD afterwards, with the OC present in the meeting. The OC and O couldn't get along, he's now having to pay his DC literally head coach money to stay on staff. They have no one ready to take over the QB position and now are looking for a new OC. Which means they will be installing a new offense next season. Freeze is an excellent offensive mind. but the old saying about can't make chicken salad with other type stuff is beginning to apply in LSU's case. The talent coming back ain't nowhere near what we're used to seeing down in Baton Rouge.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I read somewhere that Les was pitching the idea of Freeze as his OC to Arizona.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I read somewhere that Les was pitching the idea of Freeze as his OC to Arizona.
Would be a smart move on Les' part. I don't think the media scrutiny is quite as bad in that league. Then once they win a few games and they manage to find themselves on College Gameday, Tom Rinaldi can do a heart felt redemption segment on Freeze while they start the goodwill tour of getting him back hired as a head coach.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I think LSU is on the verge of becoming a hot burning dumpster fire. Coach O was supposed to be a CEO type coach yet the one game he meddled in the office they lost to Troy, had to go meet with the AD afterwards, with the OC present in the meeting. The OC and O couldn't get along, he's now having to pay his DC literally head coach money to stay on staff. They have no one ready to take over the QB position and now are looking for a new OC. Which means they will be installing a new offense next season. Freeze is an excellent offensive mind. but the old saying about can't make chicken salad with other type stuff is beginning to apply in LSU's case. The talent coming back ain't nowhere near what we're used to seeing down in Baton Rouge.
I don't know what goes on inside the Athletic system at LSU, but I keep remembering an interview of Dinardo that I listened closely to a few years ago. When that interview took place it was a time when LSU was between coaches. He said that LSU was a glorius job, but even when things were going well....the controlling Alums came with demands. Therefore...he began to realize how many people were in control of that program and he just worked there. CNS would have eventually encountered those issues had he stayed. Seems as though those issues may still exist in LSU athletics. Coach O looks to me like a coach who would sacrifice his mother to keep that job.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.