A Couple of New Wrinkles for UGA ?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Especially considering Kirby`s familiarity with our schemes and how we do things, I wouldn`t be surprised to see a couple or three new wrinkles on both O & D. I know it`s good to basically stay with what brung ya`, but in this case....? Anybody think it`s likely?

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I think it's possible. I fully expect Georgia to do some new things for that exact same reason. It's one reason I brought up Tua playing.

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
You have to add in a few. They're not new plays. They're additional options for current plays. Sweeps that had a receiver open. Pitches that can be pulled back and thrown. Runs around the edges from WR's, etc.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
We saw a few new things against Clemson, I have little doubt we'll see a few wrinkles against UGA. But overall the team will look like we've seen all year - you 'dance with what brung ya'...

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Wrinkles? Sure, everybody does that for the big game. Neither CNS nor CKS are gimmicky kind of coaches, though, so don't for them to unveil a modern wishbone or anything, though.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Wrinkles? Sure, everybody does that for the big game. Neither CNS nor CKS are gimmicky kind of coaches, though, so don't for them to unveil a modern wishbone or anything, though.
But Daboll is good at coming up with new plays. I expect to see simplified game plan to where we'll see Jacob in backfield with one of the RB either as Scabough or harris.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I want to see if Najee Harris sees more playing time. He looked awesome in his limited time the other night. I just hope Daboll calls the right plays and utilizes our talent to its fullest.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
CNS has been know to try some things with the kicking game.

He tried a fake punt against UT in the 2009 game (it didn't work) and he tried the little onside kick against Clemson 2 years ago, which worked like a charm.

I wish JK Scott didn't hold and maybe Tua did and that would give an option on fgs to run a fake.

I don't think there's a big "wrinkle" we've been holding back because we've been pretty vanilla all year and if we were going to try something radical you think we would have tried it against Auburn, but it would be nice to see a couple of plays to keep Georgia honest.

It's been a while since we've run any kind of reverse and with Georgia's aggressive style I could see that working.

Maybe a half back pass, IDK?

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
I expect Georgia’s defense to look so much like ours that I would think about using the past plays that gave us heartache. Go back 2 to 4 years and grab 5 plays from Ole Miss that shredded us...look to the Auburn losses we had and get another 2 or 3. I’d also grab that Clemson and Auburn running play (counter? Trap?) where they start the play one direction while pulling the two linemen the other direction to kick out the end and get to the LB.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I expect Georgia’s defense to look so much like ours that I would think about using the past plays that gave us heartache. Go back 2 to 4 years and grab 5 plays from Ole Miss that shredded us...look to the Auburn losses we had and get another 2 or 3. I’d also grab that Clemson and Auburn running play (counter? Trap?) where they start the play one direction while pulling the two linemen the other direction to kick out the end and get to the LB.
we should have jalen chunk the ball up so that it bounces off of ridley's helmet into riggs' hands ;)

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Especially considering Kirby`s familiarity with our schemes and how we do things, I wouldn`t be surprised to see a couple or three new wrinkles on both O & D. I know it`s good to basically stay with what brung ya`, but in this case....? Anybody think it`s likely?
Doubtful. Saban is all about execution. He believes if you guys can execute your game plan he expects to win. He's not about to go changing what works at this late stage, regardless of what Kirby knows.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
So I figure Saban is way more familiar with Kirby’s mindset on formations and what he likes to do in certain down/distance situations from being with him in meetings for so many years. Kirby has what we do on film only. Saban knows where Kirby is weak and knows what will hurt his defense.
Also, this is the game that Nick Saban builds his team to defend, one that runs the ball. Make no mistake, UGA’s backfield and running game is their bread and butter but that is what Saban’s 3-4 is built to shut down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.