Pruitt vs Georgia's Offense

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I was thinking about this scenario heading into Monday night in Atlanta.
if everything goes well for Pruitt in Knoxville, he will be facing Georgia for the next 3 to 4 years in their annual SEC East showdown.
If I were a Vol fan, I would be watching the NC game with heavy interest on how Pruitt will attack John Chaney's offense.
you would have to think, Jeremy is not only coaching our defense to win a Championship , but its personal since he will be Tennessee HC down the line.
Tennessee doesn't quite have the personnel like Bama , but the schemes will pretty much be the same.

thoughts?

Last edited:

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I was thinking about this scenario heading into Monday night in Atlanta.
if everything goes well for Pruitt in Knoxville, he will be facing Georgia for the next 3 to 4 years in their annual SEC East showdown.
If I were a Vol fan, I would be watching the NC game with heavy interest on how Pruitt will attack John Chaney's offense.
you would have to think, Jeremy is not only coaching our defense to win a Championship , but its personal since he will be Tennessee HC down the line.
Tennessee doesn't quite have the personnel like Bama , but the schemes will pretty much be the same.

thoughts?
I agree, but if you read over on volnation, their fanbase is mixed. Some want him to lose while coaching at Bama but win when gets to TN. Common sense says you want your future coach to do well regardless of where's he at now, that would bring a championship philosophy to your program but common sense and Vols do not often go hand in hand

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I agree, but if you read over on volnation, their fanbase is mixed. Some want him to lose while coaching at Bama but win when gets to TN. Common sense says you want your future coach to do well regardless of where's he at now, that would bring a championship philosophy to your program but common sense and Vols do not often go hand in hand

hopefully the Vol boards do not speak for the majority of Tennessee fans.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I can see that point of view since I know they hate us as much as we hate them but I do think I would want to see our future coach do well.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Vol fans must be pretty dumb. Do they realize a big win for Bama which would most undoubtedly be due to the defense would put Pruitt in the living rooms of recruits nation wide. Tennessee of all programs has to recruit nation wide to have success.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Vol fans must be pretty dumb. Do they realize a big win for Bama which would most undoubtedly be due to the defense would put Pruitt in the living rooms of recruits nation wide. Tennessee of all programs has to recruit nation wide to have success.
This was my point, as bad as you hate your rival....it would mean you would get a coach who knows how to win and put a good defense on the field not to mention recruit good personnel.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
In my experience, they don't.

Then again, many Vol fans I know are taking credit for 'their coach helping Bama beat Clemson' going so far as to suggest that tennessee let Pruitt stay to coach through the playoffs...

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Right?!?! Because Phat Phil always wants to help out The Tide!!! :biggrin2:

Then again, many Vol fans I know are taking credit for 'their coach helping Bama beat Clemson' going so far as to suggest that tennessee let Pruitt stay to coach through the playoffs...

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I hate them even more after reading this post. They are the dumbest bunch of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I'm good with this. As a token of our appreciation we can send them a "pitcher" of their coach standing beside our national championship trophy in a frame that has "Thank You" engraved on it.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Pruitt is a good coach and a good recruiter.
It's in Tennessee's best interest for our Defense to win.
Some Recruits on the Defensive side of the ball, may give Tennessee a second look.

As of Tuesday Pruitt is a Vol... Nothing for them.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I live in Tennessee. Went to my local Post Office 2 days after Christmas to mail a package to a grandson. I made the comment that the cost of sending that package was high , but beat paying fuel costs for driving to B'ham area and back. Her response? "I have only been to Alabama one time, and that was enough for me. We went to Decatur, and I thought we would never get there." So maybe you don't understand the "Born and bred in Tennessee mindset, although to be fair...There are exceptions. I know some vol fans who are just not ignorant like that. So it is an Alabama (transcends football) thing. Passed down by condescending jokes, and foul language whenever Alabama is mentioned. Even during baseball season. In 2016 Christmas season....I went to Books A Million here in Spring Hill to shop a little. Parked with my front end of my truck to the curb. When I backed out, I ran over 2 wild turkey bottles lodged under the left front tire which was not visible from the store. Cost me $200 for a new tire because it is a 20" rim. My truck has a big red "A" in logo script and BAMA underneath. Soon as I got out to inspect after the noise...I saw a guy watching. Vol stickers and a 1998 NC tag on HIS truck. Just how it is.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
That may be the only national championship picture they see with him
I know a rabid Georgia fan, and if you mention Bama he goes into mute code. A a minute or two he will remind you of all the Bama players who were from Georgia. He was ready to fire Kirby Smart this past August. If Pruitt loses 4 to 5 games next year..his life there will be miserable and talk shows here will be active. They hate Bama. Pruitt played at Bama as we all know. They think Hart was a plant to prevent Butch from doing well. Scary mindset.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
This helps us a great deal.

With all due respect..unless you feel that Pruiit being at UT hurts Georgia while not affecting Bama...I do not understand the logic. I see nothing positive about Pruitt being at UT as their HC. I can assure Sir that it is not a positive for us.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I think the Pruitt vs Kirby angle is a good one. Pruitt has to feel like he is a better dc than Kirby and he wants to prove it Monday night. With another solid defensive performance it should give UT a confidence boost playing Georgia next season. They are division rivals so it is a very important game for the eastern side of the sec.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Common sense?

We're talking about a fan base that "ROSE UP" to defame a coach for being on the same staff as Sandusky. Not investigated. Not charged. Not involved or found to have knowledge of any events per the authorities.

I live 5 miles south of the 10rC line. Common sense of that fan base is not the norm.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.