Cannot wait for this game - this is real football!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
But at the same time, the players will have to execute whatever gameplan he comes up with for 4 quarters which is not an easy task. They have the talent to beat us so I'm just hoping we stay focused and dedicate ourselves to executing and dominating on Monday.
*This* is what I feel gives us the edge. Everyone has been trying to figure out CNS' formula. Yes, he has some complex defensive schemes (NFL stuff) but it's not so much a formula as it is an "approach" to the game itself. You can know what it is, but you can't just beat it by out-thinking it. You have to out-perform it, if that makes sense. Your passing has to be very accurate. Your run game has to be so good that we can't ignore it from the secondary level. That is a tall task.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
The talking heads were saying last night that if *anybody* beats Bama, it will be a passing of the torch and their coach will get a HUGE pay raise.
FIFY.

I think one of the few teams the rest of the country hates almost as much as Bama has to be Georgia. Still, if we were to lose, they would fall head over heels for them. At least for one season. Won't mean we are done though by any means.

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
What would you consider weaknesses in Kirby's defenses? Just curious... as I don't know what ya'll thought of him when he was your DC. This would be a good topic for debate over on a Georgia board.
I think we can run up on the middle on these guys. I think we can throw over the middle on these guys as well especially if we start having some run success. We may see Jalen light up their secondary.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
that was one of our best defensive performances under saban.
I think of 2011/12 BCS Title against LSU. Not that Clemson's offense was anything like 7SU's offense. Clemson's offense this season is still very good even without Deshuan.

Maybe it was a BETTER performance than even that. And what about the 92/93 Sugar Bowl against Miami? They had some great offenses but that season iirc, their defense was actually very good. Toretta was a good QB -- certainly not deserving of the Heisman.

At any rate, I'm leaning towards the performance against Clemson as being the best I have ever witnessed. Or at least up there with the Sugar Bowl with Miami.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
All of those stats makes for a low scoring nail biter! Special Teams and TO's will play a Yuuge roll.
I believe TO's will be THE difference. These two teams are pretty evenly matched. Alabama is tied for 5th with a turnover margin of 13 turnovers or +1/game. UGa has a margin of 5 or +0.36/game. Hopefully that trend continues and it does not come down to FG's being the difference.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.