monday's game logistics - marta

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i am re-posting this from another thread in case anyone needs the info. traffic is going to be nuts on monday. out-of-towners, feel free to pm me or ask questions about using marta to get to the game. build in extra time for getting to the stadium.

marta map

an overall fyi

parking at holmes (west line) and college park, east point, lakewood/ft mac stations (south line) is always a good option, although with it being a monday, the lots will still have lots of cars in them from commuters. lakewood usually has plenty of space as they have parking lots on both sides of the station. east and south lines heading inbound probably wont be too bad in the afternoon/evening. all of these stations are easily accessible from the interstates.

the trains on the north lines coming into downtown will already be jam packed from about 4pm - 6:30-7 with commuters and five points station (where the trains intersect) will also be a zoo.

from the east line, you don't have to change trains and can get off at vine city station or the dome station, it's easy. coming from the south, i always get off at garnett (s1) station and walk to the stadium so that i don't have to deal with the madness at five points station. it's about 1/2 - 3/4 mile walk and is pretty easy. a lot of folks park in the lots next to garnett so you won't really be walking solo. it is also much easier leaving southbound to walk back to the garnett station as you don't have to deal with crowds to get on the train.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Listen to 92 on this. MARTA is very easy to use. I'll be going into the office on Monday (I work near Peachtree Center), but will be leaving at noon to avoid the worst craziness. I'll probably stop at the Dome on the way just to look around.

Don't even worry about train schedules--they'll probably be running full schedules most of the day and night, which basically means a train every 10 minutes.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Listen to 92 on this. MARTA is very easy to use. I'll be going into the office on Monday (I work near Peachtree Center), but will be leaving at noon to avoid the worst craziness. I'll probably stop at the Dome on the way just to look around.

Don't even worry about train schedules--they'll probably be running full schedules most of the day and night, which basically means a train every 10 minutes.
they have a press release on their site saying they will be running weekday schedules on sunday and will be running extra trains on monday.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
i am re-posting this from another thread in case anyone needs the info. traffic is going to be nuts on monday. out-of-towners, feel free to pm me or ask questions about using marta to get to the game. build in extra time for getting to the stadium.

marta map

an overall fyi

parking at holmes (west line) and college park, east point, lakewood/ft mac stations (south line) is always a good option, although with it being a monday, the lots will still have lots of cars in them from commuters. lakewood usually has plenty of space as they have parking lots on both sides of the station. east and south lines heading inbound probably wont be too bad in the afternoon/evening. all of these stations are easily accessible from the interstates.

the trains on the north lines coming into downtown will already be jam packed from about 4pm - 6:30-7 with commuters and five points station (where the trains intersect) will also be a zoo.

from the east line, you don't have to change trains and can get off at vine city station or the dome station, it's easy. coming from the south, i always get off at garnett (s1) station and walk to the stadium so that i don't have to deal with the madness at five points station. it's about 1/2 - 3/4 mile walk and is pretty easy. a lot of folks park in the lots next to garnett so you won't really be walking solo. it is also much easier leaving southbound to walk back to the garnett station as you don't have to deal with crowds to get on the train.
Weather could possibly slow things a bit more. NOAA is calling for the possibility of early Monday freezing rain changing to rain during the day. 40% chance of rain at game time. Glad the MB roof is stuck in the closed position.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Weather could possibly slow things a bit more. NOAA is calling for the possibility of early Monday freezing rain changing to rain during the day. 40% chance of rain at game time. Glad the MB roof is stuck in the closed position.
hell, at least the temps are going to get out of the teens by then. it's getting ridiculous around here.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

marta map

an overall fyi

Fellow Atlanta resident here. 92 is spot on.

Keep in mind, Trump will be in town as well, so allow yourself as much time as possible to get to the stadium.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
We had planned to drive over as we've done countless times before and had made hotel reservations. However, with the game being on a workday, not being familiar with the normal weekday crowds in the Marta lots, the extraordinarily large crowd expected, and then the President coming, we decided to take the Tide Express shuttle from Birmingham and let them do the driving, arrange parking and deal with the traffic. Should be a stress free trip over and back, as long as the bus doesn't break down - on the way over, ha!

GboyBama

3rd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
Keep in mind, the idiots who designed the stadium only installed four small exit doors. Don't try to exit with the entire crowd at the end unless you like potentially being trampled by angry drunks. The scene I saw while trying to exit the Bama FSU game made me say I never wanted to come back.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.