Imagine Auburn's Frustration - they beat us both!

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
I was thinking about this the other day. Auburn beat both us and Georgia, yet we're playing for it all while they lose to UCF.

The irony.

EDIT: They also can't claim any of this "People's Champions" silliness, since they wound up with four losses.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Saw someone describe their season as the "Worst best season ever" or something like that. I know WarEagle Blog has been frantically trying to make Auburn fans feel better with more and more ridiculous arguments.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
And both teams are their most hated rivals. Not sure who the Barners are going to pull against the hardest.
believe it or not, reading most of their boards, the majority are rooting for Alabama.
reasons: Bama already has enough NC, what's one more, the Georgia fans are too much to take, and recruiting battles with Georgia would be effected if they won.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
believe it or not, reading of most their boards, the majority are rooting for Alabama.
reasons: Bama already has enough NC, what's one more, the Georgia fans are too much to take, and recruiting battles with Georgia would be effected if they won.
Agreed. The two Barners I spoke to about this said since they are part of Alabama also so they will be pulling for us but I'm not sure that will happen when it starts Monday night.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
believe it or not, reading most of their boards, the majority are rooting for Alabama.
Mostly it’s because they’re in-state rivals, those two

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
In 1985, we went to the Aloha Bowl despite beating both teams who played in the Cotton Bowl.

In 1993, Auburn beat both teams that played in the SEC title game.

In 1993, the Atlanta Falcons beat both teams that played in the NFC title game.

It happens.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.