Link: Jake Fromm’s dad: Nick Saban’s recruiting tactics were ‘bizarre’

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Kirby was dirty when he left, no point in bringing it all up, but let's just say there's about zero chance he'll ever work for Bama again (not that he'll likely need to, just saying). He showed his true colors in how he handled his exit. This is why you won't ever see me posting anything glowing about Kirby and his stupid $5 haircut. Screw him.

So far Pruitt has proved to not only be a better DC, but also a man of higher character in how he's handled the transition from DC to rival HC.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
If Fromm had signed with us, would he see playing time Monday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, he's be riding the bench. If Eason doesn't get hurt, he'd be riding the pine at UGA as well. I suspect Eason will be on to greener pastures after this season. Here is an interesting hypothetical. Suppose Eason decided to grad transfer to Alabama as Maurice Smith did last year, do you think UGA would release him as we ended up having to do after Kirby whined about it? If the shoe was on the other foot, I doubt we'd see the kids released given the same circumstances. If we had Smith last year in the championship game VS Clemson, I think we win. It may have cost us number 17.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Kirby was dirty when he left, no point in bringing it all up, but let's just say there's about zero chance he'll ever work for Bama again (not that he'll likely need to, just saying). He showed his true colors in how he handled his exit. This is why you won't ever see me posting anything glowing about Kirby and his stupid $5 haircut. Screw him.

So far Pruitt has proved to not only be a better DC, but also a man of higher character in how he's handled the transition from DC to rival HC.
Speaking of Kirby's recruiting ways as he left town...

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...3c19d8515#cmpid=nsltr_herostryheadline_single

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...3c19d8515#cmpid=nsltr_herostryheadline_single

I had heard about this from someone at UA, it's the first time I've seen it in an official write up. When you think of Kirby, you initially think of someone who stayed with Saban through thick and thin but when the layers are peeled back.....you start to see the business side of it all. Not surprising in hindsight I should say

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

The guy who wrote that article could have done a better job with the paragraph about Pruitt. I think he means to say Pruitt has taken the high road but you can read the sentence either way.

For two years people around the program have grumbled about Smart's ruthless maneuver to try to gain an edge on his old employer. It's one example of many they'll tell you to explain why Saban and Smart aren't close though both are cordial publicly. It's a move that goes directly against what Jeremy Pruitt, following in a similar path as Smart, said in New Orleans about valuing coaching friendships over a single recruit.
I think Talty means Pruitt is following Smart's path by becoming a head coach of a rival team, but is not following Smart's path as far as being cutthroat in recruiting.

That's my nitpick of the day.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
When I read the story after it was first published my reaction was... "Now this is a bizarre story in and of itself." I didn't pay much attention to it. CNS recruiting record speaks for itself.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Every since that Maurice situation happened, I've always thought that things were tense between those two guys... So we'll see what happens tomorrow night.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.