Scott Cochran destroys last year's runner-up trophy with a sledgehammer!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The second place team in high school in Alabama gets a red map trophy, while the winner gets a blue map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I'm still wondering if this 'trophy' is a real thing or not. I never heard of it before.
Kyallie has posted news about this in the Alabama news thread at the top of the board.Cochran was asked about this apparently today, he said the trophy was real and yes he did get in trouble for it.

Bamagradandmom

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 26, 2017
As a mom, a teacher, and a Catholic I can say that I was NOT offended at all by the language.

Sometimes a well placed "potty word " or two can go a very long way!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
"Scottie, you did a bad thing. I want you to write on the whiteboard five times, 'I will not smash worthless participation trophies.' Then get your #%^ back to work. We have a championship to win."

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I'm not a fan of such antics. Do we really need such to get ready for a championship game? If so, I hope it helps.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
CSC is around these guys every day, so if he thinks this will help get their minds right, I'm 100% for it.
I know his title is strength and conditioning, but he fills so many roles on that team that I feel like they get a bargain with him. He could probably motivate a flea off a dogs back.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Whatever it takes to get the team (especially the defense) to play with the emotion and attitude they did against Clemson is fine with me. It was so refreshing to finally see our boys appear to play with a little bit of emotion driving them. I know CNS doesn't really like for that to happen but playing with emotion isn't always a bad thing. It's bad when that's the primary fuel of your game. But if kept in check and in its proper place, playing with emotion and some personal "attitude" can be a very productive thing toward winning.

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I know his title is strength and conditioning, but he fills so many roles on that team that I feel like they get a bargain with him. He could probably motivate a flea off a dogs back.
Discussed his impact with a former player, and they reiterated that statement. Nothing but respect for what he does and how he does it. Add in the fact that he spends the most time with players on an individual basis each season/offseason, I'd say he knows how to get these guys motivated. So glad he stayed in Tuscaloosa. Most valuable coach other than CNS on the staff imo.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.