Could someone recommend some headphones

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Could somebody recommend a good set of headphones? No earbuds, actual headphones. I do not care about Bluetooth or noise cancelling or bass. I bought a pair on Amazon (Crabot?) and they are garbage. You can hear music but no vocals. The vocals are muffled. I could change this by increasing the speed to 1.1 but I kept having to change that setting over and over and adjusting the bass, treble, vocals settings song after song. I want the price to be reasonable. I will not spend $300 - $500 on headphones. All I want them for is work. When did they make headphones all about bass?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Are these for listening to music at work? Or do you need something more professional? I've got a good pair of Sony headphones that I've used for several years; I think they were around $40 or so. Amazon has some Sennheiser headphones around $55 or so; if their earbuds are any indication, their headphones will be great.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Are these for listening to music at work? Or do you need something more professional? I've got a good pair of Sony headphones that I've used for several years; I think they were around $40 or so. Amazon has some Sennheiser headphones around $55 or so; if their earbuds are any indication, their headphones will be great.
Yes just for listening to music at work.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I have a pair (well it’s actually only one) of Bose Quiet Comfort 15 headphones that would be excellent for listening to music at work. That’s what I use mine for. They are noise canceling and do require a triple C battery and are not wireless. I’m almost 100% sure they’re not made anymore. I’m sure whatever has replaced them are a good choice. If you can find a good pair of these used, I’d highly recommend them.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I use the Sennheiser Momentum headphones for work, and they're glorious. It's not the cheapest model, but they can be found used for $100-200. A quick glance at Amazon shows a used pair of over-ear HD1 cans (Sennheiser rebranded the newer models from Momentum to HD1) for $170 shipped. LINK

Ebay has them cheaper, if you're willing to go that route. But I love these things.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I have a cheap pair of Phillips I use at work and they have been satisfactory. They are corded, I've been slow to try a cordless set. I've been surprised at how Bose seems to maximize sound with their radios, and I've wondered about their headphones, if the difference could be as dramatic.
I think I'm working myself up to trying a set of Bose wireless, but I'm not quite off the fence yet.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Do you want open ear (make it easier to hear when people are talking to you) or not? I will have to agree with Sennheiser recommendations on here. I have a pair of open ear ones I used forever before my wife stole them. I am currently using a pair of astro a40 that I had for gaming, and since the kid came along I don't get to use as much.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
50 Headphone Brands ranked from best to worst – based on more than 500,000 customer reviews

I have very positive personal experience with the Beyerdynamic brand ($$$) which is ranked #2 out of 50.
I got them as a gift, and they were not cheap (> $200). I would re-buy them again if something happened to them.

I use cheaper Samson headphones at work ($49) and they are "fine" and not even on the rank list.

Bose headphones (#3 on the list) and home audio are good, if a bit overpriced, and their car audio is not worthy of the name, but is better than Delco (I guess).

Sennheiser has a good reputation and is 18th on the list.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I was given a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 25 for Christmas and love them. The 25 have come down in price on Amazon since the wireless Bose 35 have come out. You can get a pair for about $169.00 on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.