Never thought I would see the day when Vols and Aubs are pulling for us!

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
its more than that. Auburn competes with Georgia for Georgia recruits much more than Alabama. Auburn has won their fair share over the years. just look at the 2018 class for Auburn, 6 of their commits are in Georgia's Top 25. and from time to time, they also snag the top players too( Montravious Adams, Carl Lawson, Derrick Brown to name a few). frankly, Auburn heavily depends on the state of Georgia to stock their roster. I don't see that changing anytime soon. its very serious business for them, so keeping Georgia down is paramount!

from reading their boards, most can't stand the " nouveau riche" attitude of dawg fans. they lived near Georgia or in Georgia , so they too close to the enemy.

lastly, most barn fans already accept that Alabama is the greatest dynasty ( much to their distain) and Saban is GOAT , so winning another championship is no longer a big deal. but if Georgia wins the NC, they will never hear the end of it!

btw, Clemson fans for the most part are rooting for Bama as well. their reasons are similar to auburn. Clemson competes with Georgia for Top recruits on a yearly basis ( QB Trevor Lawrence is a Clemson commit and the #1 player in 2018 class is from Georgia). and for the older Clemson fans, the Clemson/Georgia series from the late 70s to the mid 80s have left their indelible marks on their psyche.
Good post. I think you covered most of it. One other possible thing I would add is that they're probably still a little sore over UGA ripping their hopes of making a run for the playoffs out from under them in the SECCG after losing to the barn pretty good in the regular season game.

bat123

All-American
My dad was big on pulling for the barn if they weren't playing Bama, but even as a kid I could not stand them. When they would play Ga I would pull for the Dogs and my Dad would just shake his head and smile and tell me "I just don't understand you" and I tell him "Yes you do I just HATE the barn"!!!
:biga:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My daughter was head drum major with Auburn’s band this year and was a drum major last year. When she started marching with the band 4 years ago she was “laid back” about football. That changed regarding Georgia fans.

She told me that Georgia fans were hostile towards the band at a level that dwarfs any other fan base. From the very first year she would describe the NUMEROUS times fans would spit on and curse band members. In the game in Atlanta she described coming upon a large group of fans with many of them immediately giving obscene jesters with cursing.

This might explain the attitudes. Some of my family AU fans are looking to wear crimson on Monday. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the uga fan base presented themselves very well when they came to tuscaloosa in 2007

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
My daughter was head drum major with Auburn’s band this year and was a drum major last year. When she started marching with the band 4 years ago she was “laid back” about football. That changed regarding Georgia fans.

She told me that Georgia fans were hostile towards the band at a level that dwarfs any other fan base. From the very first year she would describe the NUMEROUS times fans would spit on and curse band members. In the game in Atlanta she described coming upon a large group of fans with many of them immediately giving obscene jesters with cursing.

This might explain the attitudes. Some of my family AU fans are looking to wear crimson on Monday. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow. Completely disgusting. That reflects my experiences from Georgia fans , but we have idiots in our fanbase too. But to curse or spit on these kids because they are students at a rival school?? Unacceptable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.