Clinton Foundation Probe

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
There simply isn't a dime's worth of difference in the two.
Sorry, Selma, that's just dishonest. When reputable news networks screw up, they retract stories and fire those responsible. No one is arguing that other networks are perfect. We're arguing that they handle these situations with far more journalistic integrity than Fox. And that's simply not an opinion.

I'll tell you what.....why don't you get back with me when:
a) Fox News conspires with Republican consultants to try to swing the outcome of an election by....
b) creating forged National Guard documents two months before an election.....and
c) running the story despite repeated warnings about how they're doing it...
CBS fired four producers and forced Dan Rather to retire after this.

Fox didn't edit the George Zimmerman call, NBC did.
Fox didn't concoct a phony story about the military gassing Vietnam war deserters, CNN did.
Fox didn't overlay Zimmerman's voice with a racist slur he never uttered, CNN did.
The networks immediately retracted these stories and fired everyone involved. That's the proper way to handle these situations.

Has Fox News fired Hannity yet? Of course not. They just gave him a better timeslot on their primetime evening lineup. That, right there, is the difference between a responsible network and an irresponsible one.

And it wasn't a Fox News Presidential debate moderator who sat on TV on election night (supposedly objective) and cried like a baby because Hillary lost.
If you watch the clip, she wasn't getting emotional because Hillary lost, but because she was concerned Trump had no plan for troops stationed overseas, many of whom she knows personally from her overseas reporting. Even with your mischaracterization, this is a weak point.

Fox didn't rig up a GM explosion for a phony story and pay for it, NBC did.
Looks like this is a 1992 story? You had to dig pretty deep for that one. Since I was 5 at the time, I'll let someone more contemporaneous handle it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Sorry, Selma, that's just dishonest. When reputable news networks screw up, they retract stories and fire those responsible. No one is arguing that other networks are perfect. We're arguing that they handle these situations with far more journalistic integrity than Fox. And that's simply not an opinion.

The networks immediately retracted these stories and fired everyone involved. That's the proper way to handle these situations.

Has Fox News fired Hannity yet? Of course not. They just gave him a better timeslot on their primetime evening lineup. That, right there, is the difference between a responsible network and an irresponsible one.

If you watch the clip, she wasn't getting emotional because Hillary lost, but because she was concerned Trump had no plan for troops stationed overseas, many of whom she knows personally from her overseas reporting. Even with your mischaracterization, this is a weak point.

Looks like this is a 1992 story? You had to dig pretty deep for that one. Since I was 5 at the time, I'll let someone more contemporaneous handle it.
yeah, they fired everybody involved, shocking I know

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

refuting the "but timmy did it" too pearl clutching is a sisyphean task

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Im just not sure how this can be considered remotely true.

Lets take a look at the example given above. Many people believe that the Clintons control a shadowy network of assassins, that they use to have people killed with impunity. This is something reported on multiple right wing news sites, and even on the national level Fox News.

I’m going to just use the current target of ire in the mainstream media, the Russia investigation, for comparison. We now have an investigation, that has resulted in two guilty pleas, being held up as purely manufactured by the MSM.
While there have been examples of false reporting during the Russia investigation (the Flynn turning on trump thing on ABC comes to mind) I don’t think you could even say the level of bias is in the same magnitude. One is talking about a completely fabricated story, the other is a reporter taking an obviously volatile piece of information and running a step or two too far. This is way different than Hannity commenting on an issue that was never even in the realm of reality. For which was later reported to have been purposefully crafted.

This is a false equivalency of the highest order. When phrased as “both sides have bias, it’s just measured in degree” makes it seem as if both sides do it to the same degree.
Most people I know just laugh about that kind of stuff. On both sides

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Better take a seat.

I mean, there's only one network in America where a primetime anchor can run a wholly unvetted conspiracy that prompts some viewer to storm a family restaurant with guns drawn looking for a basement that doesn't even exist, and then get a freaking promotion. But they're all the same, right?
to be fair, Hannity is not part of the "news" team at Fox News. He is "entertainment" meaning he isn't an anchor, even if he calls himself one and he isn't doing news so he can lie with impunity. Same for Laura Ingram, Tucker Carlson and several others. It is purposefully misleading

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
to be fair, Hannity is not part of the "news" team at Fox News. He is "entertainment" meaning he isn't an anchor, even if he calls himself one and he isn't doing news so he can lie with impunity. Same for Laura Ingram, Tucker Carlson and several others. It is purposefully misleading
it's really only misleading for the easily misled

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.