Clinton Foundation Probe

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I have no doubts about two things:
1) the Clintons probably did something illegal (in the sense that we can get folks all the time on technicalities
2) nothing substantive will ever happen over it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I see this ending just like Benghazi. ie, a bunch of nothing.
What so many don’t get is that most of this stuff always ends in nothing, usually because the expectations are set high and (more importantly) there’s almost always potential collateral damage to one’s own side because DC is nothing more than pro wrestling in real life (they pretend to hate each other in from of the camera).

Until we have something ACTUAL, I suspect the Russia investigation will end the same way. What I mean is there might be folks go to jail but the big fish likely eludes the hunt. The Whitewater scandal (for example) sent the Ark governor to prison but the Clintons skated. The only guy to actually go to prison in Iran-Contra was a guy who stole a street sign in Admiral Poindexter’s home town.

Most of these are little more than machinations to stop the “other” person from doing stuff.

I just doubt this goes overly far. And again you can get almost anyone on some technicality if you really wanted to do so but most prosecutors have more brains than that (even the counsel that said Ed Meese broke the law chose not to charge him because there was no evidence he did it for personal gain).

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
The Clinton's have some very expensive lawyers and finance people who know how to manipulate the system. Nothing will stick.

On the Russian probe what's funny to me is that folks are not upset about the content of the leaked emails, but just the fact that emails were possibly leaked by the Russians. Also funny that the murder of Seth Rich (former DNC staffer who may have had access to the emails) is a non story. It's almost like 1st. grade, the tattletale gets punished but not the one who did something wrong.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
The Clinton's have some very expensive lawyers and finance people who know how to manipulate the system. Nothing will stick.

On the Russian probe what's funny to me is that folks are not upset about the content of the leaked emails, but just the fact that emails were possibly leaked by the Russians. Also funny that the murder of Seth Rich (former DNC staffer who may have had access to the emails) is a non story. It's almost like 1st. grade, the tattletale gets punished but not the one who did something wrong.
Maybe you should start getting your news from vetted sources rather than biased ones.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
There’s no such thing anymore. The only difference is the degree of bias.
Im just not sure how this can be considered remotely true.

Lets take a look at the example given above. Many people believe that the Clintons control a shadowy network of assassins, that they use to have people killed with impunity. This is something reported on multiple right wing news sites, and even on the national level Fox News.

I’m going to just use the current target of ire in the mainstream media, the Russia investigation, for comparison. We now have an investigation, that has resulted in two guilty pleas, being held up as purely manufactured by the MSM.
While there have been examples of false reporting during the Russia investigation (the Flynn turning on trump thing on ABC comes to mind) I don’t think you could even say the level of bias is in the same magnitude. One is talking about a completely fabricated story, the other is a reporter taking an obviously volatile piece of information and running a step or two too far. This is way different than Hannity commenting on an issue that was never even in the realm of reality. For which was later reported to have been purposefully crafted.

This is a false equivalency of the highest order. When phrased as “both sides have bias, it’s just measured in degree” makes it seem as if both sides do it to the same degree.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

Lets take a look at the example given above. Many people believe that the Clintons control a shadowy network of assassins, that they use to have people killed with impunity. This is something reported on multiple right wing news sites, and even on the national level Fox News.

I’m going to just use the current target of ire in the mainstream media, the Russia investigation, for comparison. We now have an investigation, that has resulted in two guilty pleas, being held up as purely manufactured by the MSM.
While there have been examples of false reporting during the Russia investigation (the Flynn turning on trump thing on ABC comes to mind) I don’t think you could even say the level of bias is in the same magnitude. One is talking about a completely fabricated story, the other is a reporter taking an obviously volatile piece of information and running a step or two too far. This is way different than Hannity commenting on an issue that was never even in the realm of reality. For which was later reported to have been purposefully crafted.

This is a false equivalency of the highest order. When phrased as “both sides have bias, it’s just measured in degree” makes it seem as if both sides do it to the same degree.
No you just don't understand the nuance. Fox News had a primetime anchor push the lie that Hillary Clinton was running a child prostitution ring out of the basement of a Washington D.C. pizza parlor, while MSNBC had a primetime anchor claim she had Trump's tax return when she in fact only had the first few pages of his tax return. So they're quite the same.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

you must be new 'round these parts. welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
No you just don't understand the nuance. Fox News had a primetime anchor push the lie that Hillary Clinton was running a child prostitution ring out of the basement of a Washington D.C. pizza parlor, while MSNBC had a primetime anchor claim she had Trump's tax return when she in fact only had the first few pages of his tax return. So they're quite the same.
clinton derangement syndrome is a hell of a drug.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I'll tell you what.....why don't you get back with me when:
a) Fox News conspires with Republican consultants to try to swing the outcome of an election by....
b) creating forged National Guard documents two months before an election.....and
c) running the story despite repeated warnings about how they're doing it...

OK?

Is that fair enough?

This is YOUR so-called MSM, supposedly the objective and respectable and "just here to report the facts unlike Fox News" folks.

And there simply isn't a dime's worth of difference in the two.

The funny thing is, I've never once denied Fox News slants the news to the right. But some of y'all don't seem to notice it in the opposite direction.

Fox didn't rig up a GM explosion for a phony story and pay for it, NBC did.
Fox didn't edit the George Zimmerman call, NBC did.
Fox didn't concoct a phony story about the military gassing Vietnam war deserters, CNN did.
Fox didn't overlay Zimmerman's voice with a racist slur he never uttered, CNN did.
And it wasn't a Fox News Presidential debate moderator who sat on TV on election night (supposedly objective) and cried like a baby because Hillary lost.

So you can cling the delusion of an objective "just here to report the facts" media all you wish - there's simply no evidence of any such thing.

(And yes, I already know about "but Karl Rove and Dick Morris on Election Night 2012" - but then again, I'm not the one vouching for the accuracy of Fox News, either - I'm just pointing out it's all a show).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.