Barrett Sallee (Said Something Stupid About Alabama & I Want to Voice My Displeasure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamaman2988

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2009
Eufaula, Al
Re: Barrett Sallee (Said Something Stupid About Alabama & I Want to Voice My Displeas

Barrett Sallee is a nerd who likes to hear himself spew dung. Guy is not even talented enough to get a job at ESPN. Just another troll who likes to poke a stick at the bear. Let's face it, we are the Patriots and Yankees of college football. That being said, the haters will always be out to get us.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Re: Barrett Sallee (Said Something Stupid About Alabama & I Want to Voice My Displeas

[FONT=&quot]I googled and how ironic... I found this post from the102 a poster on BOL round table. Apparently someone else has asked this question before. this explains it all!
and unfortunately for me he lives in Atlanta-----UGGGH[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jun 19, 2014
media, and over the airwaves. He seems to be a regular guest expert on a couple of the WJOX shows. He writes for the Bleacher Report also. If you will notice, he is constantly making sure that Bama gets very little credit for their accomplishments, and always downplays us in any conversation about where we belong in the pecking order, whether it be recruiting, facilities, or history of the program. Mr. Sallee doesn't like to publicize his history, but it appears he was raised in Georgia, and matriculated at the cow college. As I said, he does not want that point made, he wants to be credible in his evaluations of any school other than allbarn. Believe me, he cannot be, and we should encourage the media to not use Mr. Sallee as a knowledgeable source. He is a tool, just like Brando. At one time there was a Barrett Sallee that could be reached at 1131 S. College St., allbarn, al. From what I have been able to gather, Mr. Sallee woke up one morning and decided to be a sports writer, or blogger, and that seems to be how it works these days.[/FONT]

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Barrett Sallee

First, most of these talking heads are ex-football players who cannot do anything else in their professional life, they have no other skill or trade to earn a living. Those who are not ex-players are generally journalism majors who portray themselves as self acknowledged sports journalists. Which means they have a laptop, know how to type and have an opinion.

Someone on here said recently that these talking heads and their employers have taken the model from the successful WWE, that the best way to attract viewers is to create a persona for a few of its on air personalities. One guy is the straight guy who plays the unbiased role, then there is the comic who says outlandish things which doesn't make any sense and finally the bad guy (Kannell, Galloway, Robert Smith, Palmer, etc) who pick a team and proceed to drum up a negative narrative about that team to incite a portion of the viewers. I continue to be amazed at how many reasonably intelligent people fall for this charade, although my aunt swore to the day she passed away that rasslin' was not fake.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

[FONT="]I googled and how ironic... I found this post from the102 a poster on BOL round table. Apparently someone else has asked this question before. this explains it all! [IMG]https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Smilies/4217716D785DA03D_huh_.gif[/IMG] and unfortunately for me he lives in Atlanta-----UGGGH[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]Jun 19, 2014
media, and over the airwaves. He seems to be a regular guest expert on a couple of the WJOX shows. He writes for the Bleacher Report also. If you will notice, he is constantly making sure that Bama gets very little credit for their accomplishments, and always downplays us in any conversation about where we belong in the pecking order, whether it be recruiting, facilities, or history of the program. Mr. Sallee doesn't like to publicize his history, but it appears he was raised in Georgia, and matriculated at the cow college. As I said, he does not want that point made, he wants to be credible in his evaluations of any school other than allbarn. Believe me, he cannot be, and we should encourage the media to not use Mr. Sallee as a knowledgeable source. He is a tool, just like Brando. At one time there was a Barrett Sallee that could be reached at 1131 S. College St., allbarn, al. From what I have been able to gather, Mr. Sallee woke up one morning and decided to be a sports writer, or blogger, and that seems to be how it works these days.[/FONT]
Stalking now?

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

No, I actually copied and pasted that from another site. But it's good to know that I live rent free in your head.
Wow. This telethon of a thread is still going on. Instead of “Jerry’s Kids” the beneficiaries should be “Alabama’s Aggrieved.”

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Wow. This telethon of a thread is still going on. Instead of “Jerry’s Kids” the beneficiaries should be “Alabama’s Aggrieved.”
The moderators are welcome to delete it if they want to.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

I continue to be amazed at how many reasonably intelligent people fall for this charade, although my aunt swore to the day she passed away that rasslin' was not fake.
Dad's mom would watch the soap operas, every single day. While praying with her rosaries. She would occasionally stop, and comment "he is a very bad-a man", then go right back to praying. (YES! She thought it was real, and felt compelled to pray for their eternal soul.)

She also watched studio rasslin' (a lot of it originated, from Pittsburgh, back in the 60s, so we saw them as they were being taped to show to the folks down in Atlanta), and she would really get into it.

One day, my oldest cousin said "Nonna, how can you watch that? It is all fake?"

"How can-a you say it is-a fake? Does he not-a bleed-a real blood?"

She was born in Italy, and barely spoke English. So, I think she had an excuse. Other folks..................well, other than the ones that still lived down in West Virginia, probably did not have an excuse.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

Myself, I consider it all entertainment and I find it just that entertaining. Sometimes it's an act , sometimes for some of these guys, it's not. I have fun watching it either way. Just win and you'll see the wind change in their sails.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Myself, I consider it all entertainment and I find it just that entertaining. Sometimes it's an act , sometimes for some of these guys, it's not. I have fun watching it either way. Just win and you'll see the wind change in their sails.
If UGA wins ESPN will be like Mardi Gras, if Alabama wins it will resemble a morgue.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Barrett Sallee used to write for Bleacher Report.He's not a journalist and is not objective. The time spent reading or watching this guy cannot be regained, so I don't. Roll Tide!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

You can add Galloway, Pollack, and Booger McFarland to the list of an easy victory.....I know big surprise right?
Galloway and McFarland picked Clemson - they are doubling down. Pollack played at Georgia.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I have no idea why people get so upset about what a media person had to say about Alabama. It is just their opinion. Stop being such a snowflake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

I pick Alabama every game so my percentage is way higher than most experts. If I were a talking head picking multiple games I'd go with Vegas money 95% of the time. Seems to me these guys could gain credibility by being accurate with their predictions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD

I don't get why Sallee has a regular podcast on a broadcast platform called "Bama Sports Radio". All the other contributors - as far as I can tell - are either Bama-friendly analysts or "officially neutral" recruiting experts. And then there is Sallee with his steady stream of picks against Alabama.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

I don't get why Sallee has a regular podcast on a broadcast platform called "Bama Sports Radio". All the other contributors - as far as I can tell - are either Bama-friendly analysts or "officially neutral" recruiting experts. And then there is Sallee with his steady stream of picks against Alabama.
I'm trying to figure out how he got to his current position at all. The guy was a glorified blogger working for Bleacher Report three years ago. Now he's a national pundit on CBS Sports and has other platforms ? Something just dosen't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.