Mizzou's New OC--Derek Dooley

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Welcome back to the SEC. You get to play Bama’s defense this upcoming season, congrats. Lol

Good for him though, he always seemed like a nice guy.

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US
With enough bleach he may be able to get those orange pants to change to something closer to yellow. At least it will hide the pee when he sits down to watch tape of our D next year.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think we're being a bit hard on the younger Dooley.

He might not be Power 5 HC material. If not, there's no shame in that. Some world-class coordinators haven't been. Homer Smith. Norm Chow. Buddy Ryan. Ken Donahue and Mickey Andrews (for the OFC).

The field is littered with guys who are great #2s, but don't have the intangibles that transcend to the CEO's spot.

I don't know if Derek Dooley is a good coordinator or not. But the fact that he's not a Power 5 HC isn't a reason to make fun. Several years ago, he was a Saban protege. Let's wish him well, except when he's on the opposite sideline.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I think we're being a bit hard on the younger Dooley.

He might not be Power 5 HC material. If not, there's no shame in that. Some world-class coordinators haven't been. Homer Smith. Norm Chow. Buddy Ryan. Ken Donahue and Mickey Andrews (for the OFC).

The field is littered with guys who are great #2s, but don't have the intangibles that transcend to the CEO's spot.

I don't know if Derek Dooley is a good coordinator or not. But the fact that he's not a Power 5 HC isn't a reason to make fun. Several years ago, he was a Saban protege. Let's wish him well, except when he's on the opposite sideline.
He always seemed to have class while at La Tech and UT. He did recruit some non-classy players so there is that. Having said that..I am sure he would be first in line to own up for mistakes made during that run in his career.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.