Game Thread: FCS Championship Game: NDSU vs JMU (ESPN2)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Definitely a close call. When I first saw it I thought his knee was down but it's possible the strip was pulling the ball out before he was down.
Thanks for the explanation. It seems that refs have slowly shifted to an attitude of 'let the play finish' instead of being so quick on the whistle now, as replay has become the standard in CFB. Is that true, or am I imagining things?

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
Thanks for the explanation. It seems that refs have slowly shifted to an attitude of 'let the play finish' instead of being so quick on the whistle now, as replay has become the standard in CFB. Is that true, or am I imagining things?
I thick it's somewhat true. I don't with at a level with replay so I don't hear that often. I have been told by D1 and NFL guys to call it like you see it because there is no guarantee replay will work or have a great view.

The when in doubt on fumbles like this though is fumble whether or not you have replay. It possible on a close one an official could clearly see the runner down with the ball and not rule fumble, but with the early stripping action I completely see why they ruled fumble on the field.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.