Game Thread: Bama vs ga

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If we don’t do any better than one-and-done in the NIT this year, is it too early to start questioning the wisdom of hiring Johnson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
If we don’t do any better than one-and-done in the NIT this year, is it too early to start questioning the wisdom of hiring Johnson?

I wouldnt. I would give him time to get more of his guys in. This is in my eyes our first year with some players that he had a chance to fully recruit and they are freshman. As talented as they are we still lack in certain areas. Having Ingram out hurt a good bit today. Braxton needs to come off the bench. I think the team could give a little more effort. I felt at the beginning of the season they were satisfied that they were getting mentions everywhere as a tourney team. Now we are in a funk and cant get out of it.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
After the debacle that was Grant, I'm giving Johnson 18 years. At least he's trying.
My over/under is only 17 1/2 on digging the program out of Grant's Tomb.

Stunningly bad basketball so far much of this season, but with such an influx of newcomers, it's gotta be taking 'em one game at a time. Except for Giddens - seems to be an enigma enveloped in a cocoon of arrested development wrapped in a uniform that he shows few signs of filling, hoopla preceding his arrival and sat-out transfer year notwithstanding.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Grant won 20 games three times and went 18-14 his last season. I’m not saying he was the reincarnation of Adolph Rupp, but he wasn’t completely horrible.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hang in there - losing sucks but I think you make the tourney plus give Florida a run for their money as you always do. You're missing some key players and that always has an impact. Plus looked to me like Georgia was playing with a resolve that would have been hard for any team to over come.

Revenge is a-coming soon..... :)

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We have not played nearly as well since Braxton's return. I agree he needs to come off the bench until they get into sync. I have to wonder if there are ego's getting involved on the team. It has been too much me ball and not enough we ball so far. I see them running much better sets than they did under Grant, but we have not played good defense all year. We need to concentrate on our defense and the offense will come. No doubt we missed Ingram yesterday especially his rebounding, but there was no excuse for the effort. We simply didn't compete on the blocks for boards, and we failed to get the ball inside at all. Sexton gas great skills, but he forgets to be a distributor. A great player makes the players around him better, so far Sexton looks like he is auditioning for the NBA every night rather than playing team ball.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
We will be fine ... basketball has always been a season of ups and downs as long as they are playing their best basketball as a team in the middle and end of the season we will be in good shape. As far as CAJ goes, he's already proven he a solid commodity for building programs. The thing is, he can't go out there on the and execute his own plays. It's a lot of factors involved with this team being a "successful" team. A lot of it involves them play sound basketball as a team for a full game. This being said, there going to be times where teams in basketball don't play to their potential, and this unfortunately was one of those times.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
I wouldnt. I would give him time to get more of his guys in. This is in my eyes our first year with some players that he had a chance to fully recruit and they are freshman. As talented as they are we still lack in certain areas. Having Ingram out hurt a good bit today. Braxton needs to come off the bench. I think the team could give a little more effort. I felt at the beginning of the season they were satisfied that they were getting mentions everywhere as a tourney team. Now we are in a funk and cant get out of it.
next year we Have Butler coming in to replace Sexton and next November we have a very good chance of getting Lewis and Watford in.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
and to say about the other school he is in his 4th year look how long he has turned that around and Frank Martin built a program at USC 5th year went to final 4.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
yeh. I'm hoping we get Kira Lewis. He plays a lot like Sexton. Very aggressive and a good ball handler. We get Mack next year as well. He's will help at the guard spot as well. We're getting the talent. Just have to be patient.

next year we Have Butler coming in to replace Sexton and next November we have a very good chance of getting Lewis and Watford in.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
yeh. I'm hoping we get Kira Lewis. He plays a lot like Sexton. Very aggressive and a good ball handler. We get Mack next year as well. He's will help at the guard spot as well. We're getting the talent. Just have to be patient.
Last I saw Kira was thinking about reclassifying to the 2018 class. If that happens, I'm not sure we can get him. Numbers are already tight.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.