Raekwon Davis could be an X-Factor in this game

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Watching the Clemson game, Davis was disruptive the whole game going against their offensive line. I think his height and athleticism will impact Georgia's offense when Fromm passes. He's going to be an All American next year in my opinion and can impact a game like Nick Fairley did several years ago. Kelly Bryant of Clemson is a much better athlete than Fromm and we bottled him up most of the night. Hopefully our defensive front can make Georgia's life miserable on Monday.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Watching the Clemson game, Davis was disruptive the whole game going against their offensive line. I think his height and athleticism will impact Georgia's offense when Fromm passes. He's going to be an All American next year in my opinion and can impact a game like Nick Fairley did several years ago. Kelly Bryant of Clemson is a much better athlete than Fromm and we bottled him up most of the night. Hopefully our defensive front can make Georgia's life miserable on Monday.
He's certainly come into his own. The problem I have with Georgia's Oline is that lesser defensive lines have given them fits. Oklahoma still got considerable pressure on them as well as Notre Dame, and South Carolina. I think this Dline will pickup where it left off Monday night. RTR

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think our defensive line "turned a corner" in the Clemson game. Hand, Davis and Payne were PHYSICALLY mauling those guys at the line. It was the first time I'd seen our guys play with some outward emotion and intensity in a long, long time. They looked like a pack of wolves chasing a three legged dog. I hope that intensity and attitude shows up Monday night again.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
The key is stopping their running game. I'm normally not worried about this but Georgia has excellent backs that can house it on any play. If the defensive line and linebackers can stop their run enough and force Fromm to pass, I like our chances. Alabama is probably the best secondary that he has seen to date. If he makes plays on us as a true freshman then all we can do is tip our hat. I want to see Lewis, Miller, Hand and Davis get after them.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yep, I think Raekwon can be really special before he leaves. I also think that Hand seems to be feeling better, contributed against Clemson, and could be a significant factor Monday night.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Any penetration, limiting the backs ability to hit the hole with quickness, combined with sure tackling (we were suspect last game in corralling Bryant) from the defensive line will be an added bonus if the linebackers can continue their disruptive play from the Clemson game. We need the line to occupy blockers and force double teams, Davis and Payne should be able to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I may be wrong but I just don't see Fromm having a lot of success against our defense and if he don't....then we all know what our defense can do to any teams running attack.

Jarrett Stidham and Nick Fitzgerald had success at the end of the season against out defense but I think that was more of our defense being injured, worn down and maybe just a little complacency involved.

This defense is rejuvenated, healthier than its has been since....last week ;), but much healthier than late November. They have a hunger too that was not present at the end of the season!!

If our offense can play ball control, time of possession, and not turn the ball over...which they can, Bama rolls!!

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
I may be wrong but I just don't see Fromm having a lot of success against our defense and if he don't....then we all know what our defense can do to any teams running attack.

Jarrett Stidham and Nick Fitzgerald had success at the end of the season against out defense but I think that was more of our defense being injured, worn down and maybe just a little complacency involved.

This defense is rejuvenated, healthier than its has been since....last week ;), but much healthier than late November. They have a hunger too that was not present at the end of the season!!
I feel pretty good about our defense heading into the game

If our offense can play ball control, time of possession, produce touchdowns, and not turn the ball over...which they can, Bama rolls!!
FIFY - I’m a little nervous about the number of points we put up, might not need many, but still need them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
He's certainly come into his own. The problem I have with Georgia's Oline is that lesser defensive lines have given them fits. Oklahoma still got considerable pressure on them as well as Notre Dame, and South Carolina. I think this Dline will pickup where it left off Monday night. RTR
I like the way you think..RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.