DT Michael Thompson

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
And that is the Saban Recruiting Machine...did not see this one coming. Especially liked this...

“They’re recruiting me very hard,” Thompson told SEC Country. “They don’t lie to me. They keep it 100 [percent] with me. They don’t feed me [expletive] like other coaches do.”

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
And that is the Saban Recruiting Machine...did not see this one coming. Especially liked this...

“They’re recruiting me very hard,” Thompson told SEC Country. “They don’t lie to me. They keep it 100 [percent] with me. They don’t feed me [expletive] like other coaches do.”
With some qualifying uncertainties surrounding Barmore and Brown, this is a monster need. Almost guaranteed playing time as a true Fresh.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Get to show him our shiny new trophy! Michael, you too can be a part of all this! I`m sure someone will point out as well that that particular game and championship was won in no small measure by the play of Freshmen.

BamaBen15

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 3, 2017
I am going to bet that watching the Defensive line dominate last night was a pretty strong recruiting job.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
I am going to bet that watching the Defensive line dominate last night was a pretty strong recruiting job.
It seems like every recruiting season I find myself thinking the same thing. Not that we haven't had our fair share of big time D-line recruits, but I don't get why every top lineman year in and year out isn't fighting to get a spot on this defense. Let's hope Mr. Thompson feels the same!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It seems like every recruiting season I find myself thinking the same thing. Not that we haven't had our fair share of big time D-line recruits, but I don't get why every top lineman year in and year out isn't fighting to get a spot on this defense. Let's hope Mr. Thompson feels the same!
An absolute mystery to me as well. I just can`t fathom it, especially considering our proven record of playing first year guys that buy in and work hard as well as the numbers we put in the league. SMH.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well, I will be happier when the visit is scheduled and makes it to the campus. I know these recruiting boards are slow to update but he was 100% Mizzou at one time.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Really would be great to get him in town on a visit on the 19th for the celebration. Any further word on when he might visit?
RTR91 said in a previous thread that 1/19 is a big time OV date and I would think Thompson would be one of the big time recruits coming that weekend.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Ansley was the lead recruiter on MT. Time to send Tosh.....

That listed weight must have been his Soph year because no way he is only 290 now seeing him at the all star game.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
247 has him with a crystal ball to Oklahoma. I agree with you guys that an offer to play on our defensive line in a position of need would seem like a no brainier.

Rtr

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well, with today's news on Gattis and the fact that we have recently named three other young coaches that are pretty good recruiters I am sure Nick has directed some effort in trying to get an unsigned DL prospect of Thompson's quality on campus at some point. With a visit to burn I can definitely see the possibility of a 2/2 visit on the horizon. At least, I hope :cool:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.