RollTide.com Bo Scarborough - Proud American

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It's far easier to push a button than to try and defend the indefensible with facts or logic.
And if you don't comment, you don't have to worry you might earn a dislike yourself. I guess with as many people who have signed up here, there will always be one apple like this in the barrel.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I loaded the audio into my DAW and reduced the noise a bit - it's not like CSI or anything but you can reduce ambient noise a little and emphasize the consonants - and while my hearing is suspect, it clearly sounds like 'Trump', not 'Georgia', to me.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I loaded the audio into my DAW and reduced the noise a bit - it's not like CSI or anything but you can reduce ambient noise a little and emphasize the consonants - and while my hearing is suspect, it clearly sounds like 'Trump', not 'Georgia', to me.

Love the new avatar, CA!

Appreciate also your research and post on this topic. Never hurts to have factual input.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I hope Bo didn't say it. But whether he did or didn't, I'm embarrassed this post and this site would in any way condone it or support it. You don't have to like or support the person in the office. But it's a very sad and potentially dangerous day when the people of this country stop respecting the Office of the President of the United States.

One of the many things CPB stood for was to always show class. We've strayed a lot from that mindset.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I hope Bo didn't say it. But whether he did or didn't, I'm embarrassed this post and this site would in any way condone it or support it. You don't have to like or support the person in the office. But it's a very sad and potentially dangerous day when the people of this country stop respecting the Office of the President of the United States.

One of the many things CPB stood for was to always show class. We've strayed a lot from that mindset.
Trump has shown zero respect toward the office of the POTUS. Why should he get respect? You people seemed to have no problem when Obama got no respect.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
Trump has shown zero respect toward the office of the POTUS. Why should he get respect? You people seemed to have no problem when Obama got no respect.

Agree with previous poster that comments like "FUT" are disrespectful to the office. But let's be real, how many of the people who have their panties in a knot over that were just as upset with the Congressman who shouted "You lie" during one of Obama's state of the union speeches? I seem to recall that made him a hero of the Tea Party. That was just one of a great many examples of total disrespect shown toward Obama by the right. Both sides need to clean up their act. Anyone who wants to criticize Bo should start by acknowledging that.

I'm pretty sure Bo did shout "FUT." He has every right as an American to love or despise the current occupant of the Oval Office. I would bet that the vast majority of the team, and probably a majority of this board, are not fans of DT, but that doesn't excuse Bo from his moment of crass behavior. In addition to being disrespectful, it was a distraction for his team mates. At that particular moment 100 per cent of his mind and theirs should have been on the task at hand.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I only had to listen to it one time on Youtube to 100% hear 'Trump' and I don't have a dog in the fight.

I can't believe people are even saying they clearly hear 'Georgia'?? I mean 'Trump' is a 1-syllable word and 'Georgia' is at least a 2-syllable word by most pronunciations (Jor-Juh) and some people (though few) even say it as a 3-syllable word (Jor-gee-uh).

I mean I don't care either way from a political few.....but seriously....and no offense honestly.... but how are any of you hearing 'Georgia'???:conf3:

Reactions: AUDub

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA
Yeah I never thought he said "Georgia", but I thought he may have said Chubb. As if to say Chubb wasn't going to be the RB who had a big game that day. Did Bo actually say he specifically used the word Georgia?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I'm going to agree with CA on what he said even without the benefit of removing ambient noise. I also agree his mind should have been focused on the task at hand. I also agree he had the right to say it, but should have the wisdom when not to say it.

All that said, this site has not "condone(d)" or "support(ed)" anything. Do we really need a disclaimer that the views expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the view of TideFans or its staff or members? I think that much should be obvious to everyone, including someone posting their own view on this same forum.

America has been through many times in which people did not respect the office or the person in it. In fact, there may have been a magical time when people did not criticize, mock, ridicule, or otherwise disparage the office or the man in it but I challenge anyone to prove that time existed.

And everyone apparently has their own idea of what respect means and whom should receive it.

I'll also contend that the more dangerous thing is that the president does not respect us - the citizens. And it's not unique to the current office holder. Even more dangerous is that we allow them to get away with it - even encourage it.

Finally, yes, I wish he would have shown more class, especially in that setting. However, it won't be the first time that word was used on a football field, nor will it be the last. In fact, the T-word is all over my news feed *rim shot*. (it's a joke. laugh. even if you laugh at how bad it was)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.