Game Thread: OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - Bama vs. UGA... - Page 56
Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 64649505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Re: OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - Bama vs. UGA...

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Man. I just got done watching the 2012 SECCG. I wonder which one stings worse for the puppy fans since both were effectively National championships.

the last 4 meetings have two embarrassing beat downs and two complete heartbreak at the end of the game. so many choices as to which is the sweetest.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

2. Advertisement

This is why I'm proud both of these young men are on our team:

Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    the last 4 meetings have two embarrassing beat downs and two complete heartbreak at the end of the game. so many choices as to which is the sweetest.
    Yeah I never knew how bad they were until I went Monday. Ive never met a fanbase that carries themselves the way they do and have only won so little. I guess you must feel like king of the world this past week since you are surrounded by them.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

Yeah I never knew how bad they were until I went Monday. Ive never met a fanbase that carries themselves the way they do and have only won so little. I guess you must feel like king of the world this past week since you are surrounded by them.
    i'm loving it. they are completely quiet.

i ran into a guy from my running group who is a clemson grad this a.m. dropping off recycling. he congratulated me on the game and started in on how awesome it was the way uga got their heart broken. he said he hated bama, but only because we have been so good. then he said he hated uga much worse because of their fans.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Man. I just got done watching the 2012 SECCG. I wonder which one stings worse for the puppy fans since both were effectively National championships.

Dang guys! Y’all are like drug dealers except you are giving me these videos.

Great hearing the different calls and seeing the reactions. I like the Chris Fowler call the best because he is screaming into his mic. Seeing the Georgia QB standing there in disbelief really makes me happy though.

Thanks for posting this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

On the SECCG play selection, that one is really on Richt. as the official reset the chains, you go ahead and get lined up, dadgummit and clock the dang ball. That gives you 14 seconds, which is time to 2, maybe 3 throws to the end zone. Instead, getting cute, UGa runs a play (with offensive players wandering the field trying to get lined up in the right spot while the clock is now running). They did not even snap the ball until 5 more seconds had run off.
    Huge failure of coaching by Richt.
    There's no guarantee that they would have made a catch in the end zone, or would not have been sacked, but Richt should have told Murray to clock it so they'd have a chance.
    Last edited by Tidewater; January 13th, 2018 at 03:44 PM.

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I know this must be bittersweet for you...
    indeed it is. I hate the fact that my Tigers aren’t competing at that level, but I’m not ashamed to say that I pull for Alabama. My son was so happy and that’s very important to me.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

I thought I'd seen all the mega broadcast, then I found then NFL live version and the ESPN media broadcast with Sean McDonough ....his call was great ...it did sound like he was going through puberty again with the TD call but that's what he does ..
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Watching a replay of the CTSN/ESPN hometown radio broadcast. The Eli Gold intro was significantly better to a homer. Great historical context that you just don't get on the national stage.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

i'm loving it. they are completely quiet.

i ran into a guy from my running group who is a clemson grad this a.m. dropping off recycling. he congratulated me on the game and started in on how awesome it was the way uga got their heart broken. he said he hated bama, but only because we have been so good. then he said he hated uga much worse because of their fans.
    Yeah they were pretty confident before the game, but you couldn't find one outside the game after it was over. They continuously hype themselves up for a game against us.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    On the SECCG play selection, that one is really on Richt. as the official reset the chains, you go ahead and get lined up, dadgummit and clock the dang ball. That gives you 14 seconds, which is time to 2, maybe 3 throws to the end zone. Instead, getting cute, UGa runs a play (with offensives plays wandering the field trying to get lined up in the right spot while the clock is now running). They did not even snap the ball until 5 more seconds had run off.
    Huge failure of coaching by Richt.
    There's no guarantee that they would have made a catch in the end zone, or would not have been sacked, but Richt should have told Murray to clock it so they'd have a chance.
    All I ever hear about that SEC Championship game is "you know we would have won that game."

Well, no you don't.

I read a FB post this week of a UGA fan whining about the calls of the officials. Whine, whine, whine....a little cheese with that whine. Geez, the no call on the face mask of Fromm. Yes, the official is right there, but his view is blocked because of the way Fromm's head is facing. By the time he can see the defender's hands he has dropped the masked so, imo, the official just didn't see it. And it also didn't look to me like Najee did a false start as they are claiming either on the TD pass. He is just quick off the snap. If that's the case, UGA had a right tackle or TE or somebody on that side that looked a little too quick, too, on that run in the endzone from the wildcat. Not to mention the heel sure does look like it's in some white sideline on the TD bomb. And they obviously don't know the rules for the penalty on the blocked punt. There were 3 Bama players who moved at the exact same time. I watched it repeatedly with the snap. Looked good to me. Right in time with the snap.

I think the puppies just got way too cocky over their week after beating OU. The mouths on Facebook sure weren't holding back the smack talk last week. Now they can't take it.

Bless their hearts.

I know we will probably get it handed to us in the future, but right now it's pretty nice to still be on top. And at Bama, we just reload. Imagine next year on defense now that all of the 2nd stringers got so much game time when the starters were injured. Not to mention the offense.

ETA: Sorry for such a long post. I didn't realize it was so long.
    Last edited by RTR2u; January 13th, 2018 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I was surprised a MARTA bus didn't drive up and block our view of the play.

Post of the day!!! Hahahaha!

Keeping the Trophy Industry busy since 1924! RTR!!!
    "Every picture tells a story,don't it"

Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after this season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Richardson said.

"The university of awebarn!" CNS, 03-06-10

The University of Alabama........keeping the trophy industry busy since 1924! RTR!!!

"I'm just too damn old to start over somewhere else"! CNS 09.19.13