Game Thread: OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - Bama vs. UGA...

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Another game this one reminded me of was the 2008 SECCG. In that game, we took a double digit lead into the 4th qtr. We were in the 2nd year under CNS and many thought of us as being "ahead of schedule." Tebow and the Gators mount an epic 4th qtr comeback because they'd been there before and knew how to win. Needless to say, that loss was pretty much the catalyst of things to come as you gotta crawl before you can walk. We'll see if UGA is able to use the motivation in the same way.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
I see something new everytime I rewatch the game & celebration:

Derek Henry is there slapping Mekhi Brown on the back after he came back in and made the good special teams tackle.

Anyone else notice that when they show the replay of CNS's reaction to the TD, you can see a jubilant Shaun Alexander rushing the field to the left of the screen?

When they first show a close up of Sony Michel and Nick Chubb after the TD, you can see AJ Green standing in disbelief mouthing my favorite obscenity (no video posted because of this).

I also think it's Kenyan Drake in the tan jacket and black hat that's in the pile that meets Devonta and you can just see a smiling Cam Robinson streaking by right before Nick's postgame interview.

During the NFL Live broadcast, they comment on how there are players there that are playing in the NFL playoffs this weekend. We will be well-represented this weekend as Cam, Julio, Mark & Derek promise to play major roles for their teams this weekend.
We’ve been noticing new details on replays too, noticed Henry today...will go back to find Shaun and Kenyan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I don’t know if it has been mentioned yet but T. Diggs looked very good returning punts during the game. He looked like he had much more confidence during this game and had more speed than early in the season.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Man. I just got done watching the 2012 SECCG. I wonder which one stings worse for the puppy fans since both were effectively National championships.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Man. I just got done watching the 2012 SECCG. I wonder which one stings worse for the puppy fans since both were effectively National championships.

If you look back at our last 4 games against UGA, The '08 Blackout, the '12 SECCG, the '15 beatdown and now the '17 NCG, the Dawg faithful have to be putting their hatred toward Bama up with their hate for UF and the Barn.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

the last 4 meetings have two embarrassing beat downs and two complete heartbreak at the end of the game. so many choices as to which is the sweetest. :D

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
the last 4 meetings have two embarrassing beat downs and two complete heartbreak at the end of the game. so many choices as to which is the sweetest. :D
Yeah I never knew how bad they were until I went Monday. Ive never met a fanbase that carries themselves the way they do and have only won so little. I guess you must feel like king of the world this past week since you are surrounded by them. :biggrin:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yeah I never knew how bad they were until I went Monday. Ive never met a fanbase that carries themselves the way they do and have only won so little. I guess you must feel like king of the world this past week since you are surrounded by them. :biggrin:
i'm loving it. they are completely quiet.

i ran into a guy from my running group who is a clemson grad this a.m. dropping off recycling. he congratulated me on the game and started in on how awesome it was the way uga got their heart broken. he said he hated bama, but only because we have been so good. then he said he hated uga much worse because of their fans.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Dang guys! Y’all are like drug dealers except you are giving me these videos.

Great hearing the different calls and seeing the reactions. I like the Chris Fowler call the best because he is screaming into his mic. Seeing the Georgia QB standing there in disbelief really makes me happy though.

Thanks for posting this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.