Game Thread: OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - Bama vs. UGA...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
the last 4 meetings have two embarrassing beat downs and two complete heartbreak at the end of the game. so many choices as to which is the sweetest. :D
On the SECCG play selection, that one is really on Richt. as the official reset the chains, you go ahead and get lined up, dadgummit and clock the dang ball. That gives you 14 seconds, which is time to 2, maybe 3 throws to the end zone. Instead, getting cute, UGa runs a play (with offensive players wandering the field trying to get lined up in the right spot while the clock is now running). They did not even snap the ball until 5 more seconds had run off.
Huge failure of coaching by Richt.
There's no guarantee that they would have made a catch in the end zone, or would not have been sacked, but Richt should have told Murray to clock it so they'd have a chance.

Last edited:

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I thought I'd seen all the mega broadcast, then I found then NFL live version and the ESPN media broadcast with Sean McDonough ....his call was great ...it did sound like he was going through puberty again with the TD call but that's what he does ..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Watching a replay of the CTSN/ESPN hometown radio broadcast. The Eli Gold intro was significantly better to a homer. Great historical context that you just don't get on the national stage.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i'm loving it. they are completely quiet.

i ran into a guy from my running group who is a clemson grad this a.m. dropping off recycling. he congratulated me on the game and started in on how awesome it was the way uga got their heart broken. he said he hated bama, but only because we have been so good. then he said he hated uga much worse because of their fans.
Yeah they were pretty confident before the game, but you couldn't find one outside the game after it was over. They continuously hype themselves up for a game against us.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
On the SECCG play selection, that one is really on Richt. as the official reset the chains, you go ahead and get lined up, dadgummit and clock the dang ball. That gives you 14 seconds, which is time to 2, maybe 3 throws to the end zone. Instead, getting cute, UGa runs a play (with offensives plays wandering the field trying to get lined up in the right spot while the clock is now running). They did not even snap the ball until 5 more seconds had run off.
Huge failure of coaching by Richt.
There's no guarantee that they would have made a catch in the end zone, or would not have been sacked, but Richt should have told Murray to clock it so they'd have a chance.
All I ever hear about that SEC Championship game is "you know we would have won that game."

Well, no you don't.

I read a FB post this week of a UGA fan whining about the calls of the officials. Whine, whine, whine....a little cheese with that whine. Geez, the no call on the face mask of Fromm. Yes, the official is right there, but his view is blocked because of the way Fromm's head is facing. By the time he can see the defender's hands he has dropped the masked so, imo, the official just didn't see it. And it also didn't look to me like Najee did a false start as they are claiming either on the TD pass. He is just quick off the snap. If that's the case, UGA had a right tackle or TE or somebody on that side that looked a little too quick, too, on that run in the endzone from the wildcat. Not to mention the heel sure does look like it's in some white sideline on the TD bomb. And they obviously don't know the rules for the penalty on the blocked punt. There were 3 Bama players who moved at the exact same time. I watched it repeatedly with the snap. Looked good to me. Right in time with the snap.

I think the puppies just got way too cocky over their week after beating OU. The mouths on Facebook sure weren't holding back the smack talk last week. Now they can't take it.

Bless their hearts.

I know we will probably get it handed to us in the future, but right now it's pretty nice to still be on top. And at Bama, we just reload. Imagine next year on defense now that all of the 2nd stringers got so much game time when the starters were injured. Not to mention the offense.

ETA: Sorry for such a long post. I didn't realize it was so long.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Does anyone know where the video is of Tua and Marcus' high school coach is, comparing the two? I thought I had it bookmarked and I can't find it...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah they were pretty confident before the game, but you couldn't find one outside the game after it was over. They continuously hype themselves up for a game against us.
Yeah, those "woof-woofs" disappear pretty quickly. They have a lot of practice at losing at high levels... :D

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Questions for those in the know...

Both QB have great qualities, but we all saw the contrast between the playbook options and execution with Jalen vs Tua at the helm.

So...How much time do you think Georgia actually spent preparing for a Tua-style offense? Kirby stated that at halftime the coaches thought Coach Saban would put Tua in. Did they prepare a lot for Tua before the game? Did they discuss a new strategy for his 2nd half entrance?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Questions for those in the know...

Both QB have great qualities, but we all saw the contrast between the playbook options and execution with Jalen vs Tua at the helm.

So...How much time do you think Georgia actually spent preparing for a Tua-style offense? Kirby stated that at halftime the coaches thought Coach Saban would put Tua in. Did they prepare a lot for Tua before the game? Did they discuss a new strategy for his 2nd half entrance?
To me, they looked clueless. They backed their safeties out but being in cover two on the last play with a passer like Tua in the game was silly. Did they really think we'd run it on 2nd and 26?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
All I ever hear about that SEC Championship game is "you know we would have won that game."

Well, no you don't.

I read a FB post this week of a UGA fan whining about the calls of the officials.
I just noticed that UGA player #45 absolutely mugged Najee Harris on Tua's second TD throw (the one to Ridley on 4th and 4) before the ball got there.
Go to the 9:28 point in this video.
No flag.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I just noticed that UGA player #45 absolutely mugged Najee Harris on Tua's second TD throw (the one to Ridley on 4th and 4) before the ball got there.
No flag.
Agreed - good thing that Ridley was there because it doesn't look like the refs were even thinking about throwing that flag. That pass was to Harris, and he could easily have caught it if not for the DPI (and Ridley).

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Go to the 9:28 point in this video.
No flag.
That play was just horribly officiated. Watch Irv Smith get literally dragged into the end zone from behind. It’s horrible...

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Agreed - good thing that Ridley was there because it doesn't look like the refs were even thinking about throwing that flag. That pass was to Harris, and he could easily have caught it if not for the DPI (and Ridley).
Find the replay from the end zone, you can see Tua looking and following Ridley before throwing the pass out in front for the TD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.