This championship game has to be a great recruiting tool ...

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
A championship is much more beneficial in the next class than the current class. Most of the guys we have recruited have already signed somewhere so I don't think it changes things too much but obviously does not hurt.
That is one disadvantage of the early signing. 5 of the last 9 NC's should be very attractive to future confident and competitive recruits but there aren't many left for 2018.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
That is one disadvantage of the early signing. 5 of the last 9 NC's should be very attractive to future confident and competitive recruits but there aren't many left for 2018.
True, but we have an outstanding class right now anyway. We will be signing 2 maybe 3 less in this class so the top spot in the recruiting war is unreachable but the icing on the cake is in the blender and we'll end up in the top 5 if not top 3 on NSD IMHO.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
True, but we have an outstanding class right now anyway. We will be signing 2 maybe 3 less in this class so the top spot in the recruiting war is unreachable but the icing on the cake is in the blender and we'll end up in the top 5 if not top 3 on NSD IMHO.
And, on a bright note, we just added a Five-Star running back for next year......
Damien Harris!!!

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
I think it helps Damien is coming back, so we don't have to really worry about RB in this class.. redirect our attention to QB or WR...
Agreed. I hope we still have a chance at Justyn Ross? Tua's performance had to have looked good for the #1 Alabama recruit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Not saying it has none, mind, but it`s always been an impression of mine that it doesn`t make as much difference as you might ordinarily think. In our particular case, because we`ve acquired something of a " machine " persona, I`ve often even wondered if we`re not actually intimidating to some kids (?). There`s the whole depth chart thing, even despite the fact that so many of our key contributors have been and are younger players. Not sure how to do more to combat that other than playing freshmen, which we just did in spades. I know..I know..., do we actually want kids that would feel this way?
We don't want kids that are afraid of competition anyways...

Hey I totally agree that last night's win will pay HUGE recruiting dividends....especially for the offense side with Tua's showcasing his skills!

But we're still in the dead period, right? No contact from coaches allowed?

This must be folks not officially on staff, I'm assuming?

https://twitter.com/JCope1era/status/950616972408041472
Pensacola product. I know his aunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.