This championship game has to be a great recruiting tool ...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
We had major contributions again for the second straight year from freshmen, its safe to say that Saban proved if you can play in the system, you will play RTR!!!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
All the unsigned receivers written off by many on this board must have been wide-eyed.
Yep, and I'm sure it peaked a lot of the defensive players as well. The freshmen really dedicated themselves to buying into the system and getting better when their name was called and it showed. Come in, work hard and compete, and these can be the results of your labor. Good message

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
How about Copeland saying he got call after the huge win? Yea, this Natty will be a bonanza on the recruiting trail. Three weeks y'all!!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
From what I've heard it tends to have a bigger impact the following season, since a lot of people are making up their minds before the game is even played (in the current class). It sure as heck won't hurt though!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
From what I've heard it tends to have a bigger impact the following season, since a lot of people are making up their minds before the game is even played (in the current class). It sure as heck won't hurt though!
You are right of course but with so many National Championships so recently AND coming off a fresh one I suspect anyone we are recruiting that is even half way on the fence will jump on board over the next three weeks.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I don't know. You just don't see Freshmen getting much playing time at Bama.
Maybe if they work hard enough at practice through the first 12-13 games, they can sniff out a little PT in the NCG for appearances' sake.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Maybe if they work hard enough at practice through the first 12-13 games, they can sniff out a little PT in the NCG for appearances' sake.
Playing them in a National Championship game? That's crazy people talk

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Hey I totally agree that last night's win will pay HUGE recruiting dividends....especially for the offense side with Tua's showcasing his skills!

But we're still in the dead period, right? No contact from coaches allowed?

This must be folks not officially on staff, I'm assuming?

https://twitter.com/JCope1era/status/950616972408041472
I'm not 100% sure, but I think dead period just means you can't visit them and they can't visit you. I don't think it forbids all communication like phone calls.

Here... I just looked it up. From NCAA.org

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a contact?

A contact occurs any time a college coach says more than hello during a face-to-face contact with a college-bound student-athlete or his or her parents off the college’s campus.

What is a contact period?

During a contact period a college coach may have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, watch student-athletes compete and visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents.

What is an evaluation period?

During an evaluation period a college coach may watch college-bound student-athletes compete, visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents. However, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents off the college’s campus during an evaluation period.

What is a quiet period?

During a quiet period, a college coach may only have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents on the college’s campus. A coach may not watch student-athletes compete (unless a competition occurs on the college’s campus) or visit their high schools. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time.

What is a dead period?

During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Because we won championship, does it change things for some recruits?
Well, the "dynasty's over" narrative has certainly been squashed. And, the Tua breakout of slinging the ball all over the field suddenly puts our offensive production in both "fun" and "dynamic" categories. Yea, I think Monday night's win will help us immediately.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Not saying it has none, mind, but it`s always been an impression of mine that it doesn`t make as much difference as you might ordinarily think. In our particular case, because we`ve acquired something of a " machine " persona, I`ve often even wondered if we`re not actually intimidating to some kids (?). There`s the whole depth chart thing, even despite the fact that so many of our key contributors have been and are younger players. Not sure how to do more to combat that other than playing freshmen, which we just did in spades. I know..I know..., do we actually want kids that would feel this way?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Not saying it has none, mind, but it`s always been an impression of mine that it doesn`t make as much difference as you might ordinarily think. In our particular case, because we`ve acquired something of a " machine " persona, I`ve often even wondered if we`re not actually intimidating to some kids (?). There`s the whole depth chart thing, even despite the fact that so many of our key contributors have been and are younger players. Not sure how to do more to combat that other than playing freshmen, which we just did in spades. I know..I know..., do we actually want kids that would feel this way?
I can see how that may be the case for some of the kids ... one things for sure, you cant argue with the results :)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Because we won championship, does it change things for some recruits?
A championship is much more beneficial in the next class than the current class. Most of the guys we have recruited have already signed somewhere so I don't think it changes things too much but obviously does not hurt.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
A championship is much more beneficial in the next class than the current class. Most of the guys we have recruited have already signed somewhere so I don't think it changes things too much but obviously does not hurt.
That is true and most of our class is already signed. I do expect, however, that of the 8 (maybe 7 with Harris' return) spots we have to fill a couple could be higher ranked guys that seem long shots or maybe even a flip or two of players (and I am thinking DBs and receivers here) impressed to see us dominate on both sides of the ball. I mean, the "Machine" perception was certainly reinforced by another Natty under out belt. And we ain't going away anytime soon...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.