Thank you Jalen

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I've been amazed at what Jalen has done since he's been at Bama. Last night,he wrote the book on how to handle the ups and downs of life with class. Maybe his most dumbfounding performance yet, what a great person.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I've been amazed at what Jalen has done since he's been at Bama. Last night,he wrote the book on how to handle the ups and downs of life with class. Maybe his most dumbfounding performance yet, what a great person.
I thought it was poor form to interview him at the end of the game about his replacement, but Jalen handled that moment with class and dignity. He's a team player through and through, and I think he sticks around.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I thought it was poor form to interview him at the end of the game about his replacement, but Jalen handled that moment with class and dignity. He's a team player through and through, and I think he sticks around.
If he were to decide not to, how could we do anything but send him off with the highest level of respect and well wishes? Kid`s a class act from head to toe.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I probably went too far and got too defensive of Hurts at times, but it felt like people sometimes were trying to take away from respect and accomplishments he had earned. He's a special guy and I think it's fair to say Alabama might not have been in this position if Hurts hadn't been there. He did a lot for the team, and I have nothing but respect and admiration for him. What ever choice he makes, what ever the future holds for him, I wish him well.
I don`t think that there`s much to debate there!

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Being supportive and a world class team mate last night in the second half was as heavy a lift as I have seen in college football. That was as big as anything Tua did. It is about the TEAM for Mr. Hurts.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
My first moments on the board since before the game last night:

I'd like those comments to reflect nothing but appreciation and respect for the first class behavior of Jalen Hurts last night. That was sportsmanship and class like I've ever seen.

I felt bad they tried to interview him right after the game. That was inappropriate IMO.

And, even though I've said frequently that I believe Tua is the future, the championship last night also has Jalen's fingerprints all over it too!

I just can't say enough how proud I was of Jalen AND Tua last night!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Jalen, Thank you for all you've done for the program. You're a great player with world class attitude. NO matter what happens from this point on, you will always be remembered as a legend here at Capstone.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Thank you Jalen for everything you have done for the team. I am so impressed with his sportsmanship. How could you not respect the guy?? His parents should be so proud of how he handled the situation. I want to also applaud them for raising him right.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Nothing but love for Jalen. He did a lot for this team when we needed it. Took us to 2 NC games, in just his true freshman and sophomore years. And handled it well when someone else stepped in to do the thing he couldn't quite do. I thought it was pretty classless to go after him for the interview. I was sitting there going "leave him alone! You know his heart has to be breaking right now!" But Jalen did a good job of not showing it and supporting Tua. I hope Jalen stays, but I wouldn't blame him for taking off for a shot to play somewhere.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I absolutely agree with all of the above posts. Jalen is a special guy and we wouldn't be here without him. I also don't think his career is over by any means. He hit a sophomore slump this year and it appeared he just never able to get his mojo back. He hasn't played to as high of a level as any of us would have liked the past few weeks, but he's as physically gifted as any QB we've ever had. I firmly believe that there's not a throw Tua made last night that Jalen physically can't make as well. Just for some reason he couldn't seem to get out of his own head. I hope he stays and battles it out with Tua. It would be perfect to have him stay to see if he gets his confidence back, or in case Tua hits his own Sophomore slump.

I did notice one thing last night that I felt was interesting. I wonder if anyone else noticed this. For the past few weeks, Jalen has had poor body language in every clip I've seen of him on the sideline. He's always looked pensive, almost stressed. I haven't seen him joking with his teammates, being proactive, or even acting that engaged. He didn't seem like he was having fun. All that changed when he got pulled. From that point on he was rallying his teammates, coaching up Tua, smiling, and seemingly enjoying himself. He's a competitor, there's no way he "wanted" to be pulled. However I'm wondering if there was a sense of relief when he was though. I wonder if we even would have seen Tua in the first place had Jalen played all season as loose as the Jalen I saw on the sideline in the 2nd half? Maybe I'm reading way too much into it, but his body language looked like that of a different person in the 2nd half.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I absolutely agree with all of the above posts. Jalen is a special guy and we wouldn't be here without him. I also don't think his career is over by any means. He hit a sophomore slump this year and it appeared he just never able to get his mojo back. He hasn't played to as high of a level as any of us would have liked the past few weeks, but he's as physically gifted as any QB we've ever had. I firmly believe that there's not a throw Tua made last night that Jalen physically can't make as well. Just for some reason he couldn't seem to get out of his own head. I hope he stays and battles it out with Tua. It would be perfect to have him stay to see if he gets his confidence back, or in case Tua hits his own Sophomore slump.

I did notice one thing last night that I felt was interesting. I wonder if anyone else noticed this. For the past few weeks, Jalen has had poor body language in every clip I've seen of him on the sideline. He's always looked pensive, almost stressed. I haven't seen him joking with his teammates, being proactive, or even acting that engaged. He didn't seem like he was having fun. All that changed when he got pulled. From that point on he was rallying his teammates, coaching up Tua, smiling, and seemingly enjoying himself. He's a competitor, there's no way he "wanted" to be pulled. However I'm wondering if there was a sense of relief when he was though. I wonder if we even would have seen Tua in the first place had Jalen played all season as loose as the Jalen I saw on the sideline in the 2nd half? Maybe I'm reading way too much into it, but his body language looked like that of a different person in the 2nd half.
I thought I was crazy for thinking the same thing. It's almost like he looked relieved. I guess you and I can be crazy together.

Again I'll say, PURE CLASS!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.