Thank you Jalen

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Very proud of Jalen! Class act from day 1 in Tuscaloosa. I wish we had enough depth at the QB position to see what he could do at RB. With some time to learn the position he could be a legit back with his size, speed, and running ability.

krs4bama

Nov 27, 2017
I think Jalen has the athletic ability to play in the NFL but not as a QB. He has time to find another position if he wants to give it a shot. Could be a good thing for him financially if Tua beats him out in the spring. Super classy kid!!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I do want to come here and also give a HUGE thank you to Jalen. He's an absolute CLASS ACT and a GREAT Teammate. I have been a huge fan of his and I still am. We would not have made it this far without him. He's been a vital part of our success the last 2 years.

I still want him to still find a way to succeed personally and I hope it can somehow still be on our team even IF it's at another position or in a different role. He is a phenomenal athlete and play-maker. I really really hope that he decides to stay and that we can find a path for him.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Jalen is a class act and a very good athlete. He helped get us to the national championship game. The truth is that he would never play qb at the next level. He does have the athletic ability to play another position. In the long run the way things turned out might work out better for him.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I really hope he sticks around and can work his way to the NFL as a general athlete, RB, or any other position he may want to try. And obviously if he is dedicated to improving his passing and making it to the NFL as a QB then I hope he finds somewhere with expert QB developers that can make that happen.

He stepped up when we needed him last year and took us all the way to to the final game and left us in a position to win the final game. He's made a lot of clutch plays for us over these past two seasons and to handle last night's adversity with that level of class is pretty amazing. It is definitely the stuff of role models.

No matter what happens I wish him nothing but the best but I would prefer to see him in Crimson for the rest of his college career.

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
He stepped up when we needed him last year and took us all the way to to the final game and left us in a position to win the final game. He's made a lot of clutch plays for us over these past two seasons and to handle last night's adversity with that level of class is pretty amazing. It is definitely the stuff of role models.
Agreed. "Handling adversity" is an extremely overused phrase in sports. Last night was a real example of it, and Jalen handled it like a true leader. Pretty amazing to see a display like that from someone so young in such a big moment. Imagine if some of the other recent high-profile college QBs had been placed in that position... Jalen is all class.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
No doubt. Jalen handled that with pure class and we're lucky to have such an great ambassador for the school!
I totally agree. Jalen was 25 - 2 prior to this game and he started it and he's now 26 - 2 as a starter, even though he needed that relief pitcher to come in in the 2nd half/OT.

Here's hoping Jalen STAYS at Alabama. We would NOT have even been in that game last night without him.

He is TRULY a CLASS ACT!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It's great to see a young man handle himself in such a magnifying glass the way Jalen has the past two years. He's an amazing young man and I'm sure whatever route he's heading down the people around him will be the better for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoSox Tider

Scout Team
Jul 1, 2011
Completely agree with all the nice things that have been said about Jalen. I would understand if he decided to go elsewhere, but I really hope he stays. He can still contribute a lot, whether at QB or somewhere else, and is a very classy young man and exactly the type of player you want representing the Bama program.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
However I'm wondering if there was a sense of relief when he was though.
Hurts has been put in such an impossible situation, really dating to last year. I doubt even he expected to be thrust in as a starter as a true freshman, and then he goes out and plays probably the most difficult season a true freshman quarterback has ever faced, oh yeah while playing musical chairs with coordinators. He developed some bad habits along the way, but he goes from having one 5 star backup to, another 5 star backup, and the pressure keeps mounting. You just saw the pressure build. I've been as big a Hurts supporter as anyone, but even I was calling for Tua at halftime. Those plays, that situation, it just wasn't right for Hurts.

So, I do think there has to be some relief on his part. Alabama won, he got his ring, the pressure has eased. Now though, he has 3 years to play 2. He's fine, he can choose his own path and what ever happens I doubt it will be as difficult as it has been.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I was thinking about this yesterday. When I heard his dad was his high school coach, my thought then was "good, then he will likely have a good head for football." Jalen is a remarkable, strong athlete. Odds are in high school, he was the best player on his team, and the best on the field in almost every game they played. That would have likely been true no matter what position he played. Could it be that, ultimately, his dad did him a bit of a disservice long-term by playing him at QB and not helping develop at a position that might be more suitable for his talents? I bet he would have made an excellent safety, for example, if pushed that way. I understand the urge to put the ball in the hands of your best athlete, and even easier to do that when it's your son. But unless you wanted him to play college ball at GT or a service academy, then going that route without working on his passing skills did him no favors.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.