Let’s debate: is that the greatest throw in Alabama football history?

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
In layman’s terms? LOL
We had 4 receivers out there, they all ran straight down the field (basically).

Georgia was out there with 2 high safeties - Tua looked to the right side of the field to move the safety in that direction. That opened up the winning throw. It was definitely what was intended and I love it!

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
That throw - no words, just incredible... combine that with the two previous touchdown throws... just just wow, all of them... then topped it off in that moment to Devonta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Let's give credit where it is due. I see some people giving the props to Saban for the call but it was Daboll who dialed it up.

It was a calculated call. 2nd and 26, the GA defense has to be thinking, "They just want to get back in FG range, they are hoping and praying they can get a 1st down. Let's play cover 2 and clamp down on anything underneath and watch out for screens, bubbles, or rub routes."

That coverage had it's back broken by 4 receivers streaking downfield and left both safeties a bit in no man's and. The LB's were up and of no use.
It was a perfect call based on what Daboll predicted the defensive scheme to be (he was correct) and what the defense assumed the goals of the Alabama offense would be (also correct).

A perfect bluff and gambit and flawlessly (FLAWLESSLY) executed by the offense.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
There are a handful of great throws in Alabama history like: Shula to Bell vs UGA, the prothro catch, and the AJ to Yeldon LSU play but very few have the magnitude of the Tua play. I would say the closest you are going to get is one of the 4 OJ Howar/Coker plays in the Clemson RD 1 game. But I still have to side with Tua

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.