Is this Tua's team now?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
Pretty much. No debate. Full stop. National champions. Whoo!!!!

The performance is legendary. Daniel Moore, brush to canvas. I'll buy it.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'd say yes. Jalen's running skills and ball security could be used in certain situations.
Isn't it a lot to ask someone that's had as much success as he had to become kind of a wildcat backup? May be he accepts that role, but I do think he could go elsewhere and win 20 more games, if he finds a place with the fight offense.

If Jalen stays though, Alabama can go from having the best backup QB in the country, to... the best backup QB in the country. It's just a heck of a lot to ask of someone as accomplished as he is.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I think Tua is the QB now. He does such a great job of seeing the field, getting the ball out etc. I don't want to lose Jalen though. He would be a great slot back, wide out etc. Get him the ball in space and he can make things happen. Spring ball will tell the tale.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Jalen to H Back? Probably best chance to make a contribution to the team next season and maybe make an NFL roster one day..

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Yes, unless something drastic happens. We haven’t slung it around like that since AJ Mac was the QB @ Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was having flashbacks to 2012. Kid looked like a 5th year senior out there, with the exception of about 2 dumb decisions (sack and int). Unreal.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
No doubt, yes. No disrespect to Jalen, but it's not close.
In addition to be a clearly better passer, is there any shred of doubt left who has "won over the team"?

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Man, Tim Tebow is literally speechless at Tua’s play tonight. I don’t think he actually believes he saw what he saw lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Tua is simply too talented to keep on the bench. I think he would have been the difference in the Barn game if he had been given a chance.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Jalen is still the starter but his hold on the position is tenuous. Jalen, if he hasn't transfer out, will have to show improvement this off-season to fend off Tua.

Coach is not going to hand the position to Tua. If Tua wants it, he will need to take it from Jalen this spring. So right now, Tua is 1B to Jalen's 1A.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
I think reading between the lines of what some of the more knowledgable/informed posters on this site and others you could tell there was some frustrations with some offensive skill players with the inability to pass consistently. I never for one second thought we would make the change, it goes against everything Saban has done since I started watching him. I don't care what Kirby says (he mentioned in post game that he knew it was coming or at least thought it might) but I do not think he specifically game planned for that. Bama really didn't run it much after the switch and I think partly because UGA wasn't prepared for the passing game Tua brought. I love Jalen as much as anyone for what he has done but he has like 28 or something starts with 3 springs and 2 bowl game preps, I think he has hit his passing ceiling.

I hope he stays and moves to H-back or something because he still means a lot to this team and having him in the locker room will be a huge plus but I understand and respect whatever happens

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I think reading between the lines of what some of the more knowledgable/informed posters on this site and others you could tell there was some frustrations with some offensive skill players with the inability to pass consistently. I never for one second thought we would make the change, it goes against everything Saban has done since I started watching him. I don't care what Kirby says (he mentioned in post game that he knew it was coming or at least thought it might) but I do not think he specifically game planned for that. Bama really didn't run it much after the switch and I think partly because UGA wasn't prepared for the passing game Tua brought. I love Jalen as much as anyone for what he has done but he has like 28 or something starts with 3 springs and 2 bowl game preps, I think he has hit his passing ceiling.

I hope he stays and moves to H-back or something because he still means a lot to this team and having him in the locker room will be a huge plus but I understand and respect whatever happens
I'm thinking even if he "thought" Tua might play, they weren't prepared. I'm thinking that was the absolute worst case scenario for them.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I think he has hit his passing ceiling.
That's what I thought. Tua's passing ceiling is so much higher, and with the weapons that we have, we need a QB that can distribute the ball a lot better than what Jalen was capable of doing.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Hurts said it best. Tua just has "it".
He can read the defense. Has a quick release. Has a strong arm. Is accurate. Looks off the defense. Throws guys open. Quick decisions. Good runner.

I hope Hurts doesn't leave. We need a good backup QB. He could be a part time runner or hback. Too good of a leader and player to not have.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Jalen is still the starter but his hold on the position is tenuous.
Coach is not going to hand the position to Tua. If Tua wants it, he will need to take it from Jalen this spring. So right now, Tua is 1B to Jalen's 1A.
I would love to say you are wrong, but with Saban's history of sticking with a QB, you may be right. I think tonight showed that Tua is clearly #1 and Jalen is #2, but it's not my call.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
This is and should be Tua’s team and should have been for a while now. He should have played against Miss State and auBARN.

He’s a true gunslinger and we haven’t had one in a LONG time if ever (other than Joe Willie). I agree with the others that Hurts still has a spot if he wants to stay because we’ll need him but this is a good problem to have. Tua is the real deal and has proven it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.