Is this Tua's team now?

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
That's pretty good for inconsistency. So, I guess you subscribe to the theory that, "consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" :). Btw, I agree with your assessment.

All should remember that Dilfer said that AU's Sean White is "a program changer". This among other "interesting" comments.
Ha! Yah, that's why I made that last joke about expectations!

The idea being that even someone who is the greatest will make mistakes. Often we expect perfection. Absolutely perfection.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Coach also made a funny comment about his reaction to the sack and subsequent game winning play in OT.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Jalen has had very good fortune and very bad fortune. Ironically, he came to Bama to learn how to be a pro style QB. He won the job so quickly that he never had time to develop much as such. Since he was starting so early, Bama had to maximize what he did well because the team was on a NC run, and thus, did not have the time to develop him much as a pro style passer. Then, IMO, at some point, the pressure of Tua's presence as one who could do what he could not do, began to get to
Jalen
. He is aware enough and humble enough to realize that Tua was a far better fit than he was and that his teammates, as much as they liked him personally, wanted a change and the team needed a change. It's like he began to freeze up and the progress that he had made from last year disappeared and he began to regress. I believe that the switch provided some relief for him. He knew, and Tua's lights-out performance made it much easier to accept. But the full ramifications are going to be tough as time goes on. But he's a great kid, with a solid base - but it's still going to be tough..
Good thoughts here. I said in another thread something similar.

Jalen couldn't learn to be a pro style QB under the circumstances he was in. You have to fail in order to learn. This is basically how 100% of us learn to do anything. But JH was put into an impossible situation when he started as a true freshman. He wasn't a pro style QB and that's why he said he came to Bama to learn to be, but then he couldn't learn to be one because he was asked to not make mistakes in a NC run last year and again this year.

As a backup, he can now learn. He obviuosly doens't have Tua's skill set (so much of it is God-given) but he can learn to be a better QB with the spotlight off of him.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't think this has been posted anywhere so I'll share it here.

How Tua Tagovailoa Stepped Up, Dropped Back, and Saved Alabama

The best quote from it is this...

The Alabama offensive coordinator Brian Daboll has a certain way of looking at the throwing accuracy of quarterbacks. All of them can drop back seven steps and hit a house with the ball. Some of them can hit the door. A few can even hit the doorknob.
“Tua,” Daboll said, “can hit the keyhole.”

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
A package with Jalen and Tua both in the backfield. One will throw, one will run.
Jalen splits wide right... made for a halfback pass, or a jack rabbit run.

It's 4th down, Jalen comes out as the Holder. Will he Hold, Run, or Pass.

All this being said...
I have never been a fan of alternating QBs. ( bad answers).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.