Is this Tua's team now?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Is Tua our guy going forward? What he did tonight was the stuff of legends.

Thoughts?

RTR!

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I think unless Jalen improves a lot in the passing game, then yes, Tua is the starter. I do think Jalen can have a place in this offense, but it may just not be at QB.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Yes, unless something drastic happens. We haven’t slung it around like that since AJ Mac was the QB @ Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Keep in mind I'm not downplaying Hurts here. Hurts led us to this game, so he can hang his head high because he played a large role in all of this, but man, Tua might be the best passer in Alabama history and hes barely played. Its SCARY to think about.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
The advantage Tua has over Jalen is his quick release. Jalen is so laid back he hangs on to the ball too long which is what got him in difficulty in the Clemson game and first half of this one.

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Without question. One of the most memorable performances by a QB at the college level in years. The future looks very bright.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Yes. We can find a place for Jalen. He would be a great runningback or wildcat and would give us an added element to throw.
We need to do with Jalen what Ohio State did for Braxten Miller. He’s too good of an athlete to sit on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
We will see when the 2018 season rolls (no pun intended) around but 2017 is Jalen's team. We are in a really great spot with our program.

BamaBen15

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 3, 2017
Yup. The thing bout Hurts is that his impact is felt on each game. His athleticism causes defenses problems. That said, he simply does not get the rest of the team involved. The stable of WRs on this team is mostly wasted with Jalen. Tua simply opens things up for everyone. The defense has to cover the entire field because of his arm but he can cause damage with his legs too. too often you would see frustration in the body language of the WRs with Hurts and you could see that disappear with Tua. They knew that he gave them a chance to star. Ironically, I think the running game will benefit the most with the change...because you cannot stack the box with Tua at the helm.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think this is Tua's team for sure now, one could argue it already was before he came into the game. I said a lot of things defending Hurts, and I stand by almost everything I said. To me it was never about how good Tua was, but about the respect and admiration I think Hurts had earned. I still think with a slightly different offense he could have done more. However, the one thing I got completely wrong was saying Saban should have redshirted Tua. Saban knows what he's doing, and he wanted to have that fallback place in place in case he needed it.

Going forward though, I'm not sure I see a place for Hurts. The truth is he never really was a good fit with Daboll's offense. I think he can still win a lot of games as a college quarterback though, but I think the focus going forward is to kind of process Tua and cut down on mistakes and try to keep him healthy, he's the guy now. I probably would encourage Hurts to use his redshirt year to transfer elsewhere if he wants to play quarterback, I'll support what ever choice he makes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.