KUDOS to the production of the freshmen in this game ...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Three freshmen in Tua, Harris, and Devonta were the team leaders in offensive production for the game. Shows a lot about their poise and buying into the system to be ready when they were called upon. I'm wondering, is this the first time in Bama history that this happened where freshmen lead the team in passing, rushing, and receiving yards in a championship game? Matter of fact, this may be the first time in CFP history that this has happened as well. So many positives from the effort of this team.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Don’t forget Pensacola Washington phenom Alex Leatherwood.
Wouldn't think of it - with Tua, he's no longer the blindside, but boy, he sure shored up both sides of the OL. Stout contribution and played up to expectations particularly in pass-pro.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Wouldn't think of it - with Tua, he's no longer the blindside, but boy, he sure shored up both sides of the OL. Stout contribution and played up to expectations particularly in pass-pro.
Speaking of pass protection, wouldn`t be surprised if there`s some extra attention paid to it prior to next Fall.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
Don’t forget Pensacola Washington phenom Alex Leatherwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
I particularly think Leatherwood had a lot of success because Tua was in the game. Being the tackle on the blindside of the QB seems to come with more pressure than the one on the frontside.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
This freshman class appears special, even for a place like Alabama.
True indeed. I'm thinking part of this is the affect the upperclassmen are having on these success of these guys. I'm sure the culture of leadership, tutorship and competition between the players in the program plays a big role. Hopefully it will be an institution that will continue to flourish within the program to where we can continue to have freshmen be significant contributors. The key is having uperclassmen step up as leaders every year and set the tone for the youngsters to adapt. It makes it easier for everyone to by in to the process CNS has installed. I'm excited for these guys and look forward to their continued growth. It wouldn't shock me if the 2017 class ends up winning 2 more NCs before they leave ... as long as they stay humble and committed to the process, that is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.