Tua bomb was the greatest single play in Alabama athletics history.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
This is how I feel. It was do or die. Euphoria or despair. Victory or failure. Unbelievable.
Exactly my thoughts. I think the LSU screen pass in 2012 and the Drake KO return two years ago were probably the only other times I can remember being this euphoric after a play/game. But anytime you win on a walk-off it's gotta go to the top of the list.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
For clarification purposes... Bama was already leading 31-27 when Drake ran the kickoff back 95 yards for a TD. There was 7:31 left in the game.

The Yeldon screen started with 1:00 left in a 14-17 game on the LSU 28. It was 1st and 10. Jeremy Shelley was perfect on kicks that year and had a career long of 48 yards. If Bama hadn't gotten a yard there's a decent chance that Shelley kicks a 45 yard field goal to tie.

Bama lost the next week.

That would be a good choice for the #2 biggest play, but it really doesn't compare to what Tua did.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Marcell Darius pick 6 before the half against Texas in the Rose Bowl makes my list of greatest plays.

Nothing can can compare to a come from behind, 2nd and 26, OT, walkoff frosh to frosh bomb for the title. Again, not the most spectacular play, but under these circumstances boy far the best.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I still can’t believe this throw and I’ve watched it like 100 times!!! TUA threw an absolute 50 yard rocket!!! Man it was just a bullet!!!

I mean.... with the stakes being what they were he saw Split Safety Cover 2 and Eyeball/Head Faked the SS for the longest possible time and then like a Cobra Strike released a damn Screamer right on the MONEY for a NC Winning Walkoff TD!!!

This Dude is unbelievable!!!

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Marcell Darius pick 6 before the half against Texas in the Rose Bowl makes my list of greatest plays.

Nothing can can compare to a come from behind, 2nd and 26, OT, walkoff frosh to frosh bomb for the title. Again, not the most spectacular play, but under these circumstances boy far the best.
Great call on the Dareus play. He was one of my favorite players and his celebration after the pick 6 was amazing. Combo that with breaking Colt's shoulder would be one of the greatest plays.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
For clarification purposes... Bama was already leading 31-27 when Drake ran the kickoff back 95 yards for a TD. There was 7:31 left in the game.

The Yeldon screen started with 1:00 left in a 14-17 game on the LSU 28. It was 1st and 10. Jeremy Shelley was perfect on kicks that year and had a career long of 48 yards. If Bama hadn't gotten a yard there's a decent chance that Shelley kicks a 45 yard field goal to tie.

Bama lost the next week.

That would be a good choice for the #2 biggest play, but it really doesn't compare to what Tua did.
what happened last night is so off the charts it is almost unbelievable.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama

The Dareus pick 6 was a great play, indeed. I still remember thinking how big that play was when Texas closed to within 3 points late in the game. Without that TD by Dareus, it's a completely different game.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
It is a play that is etched into my mind. With so many ups and downs in that game it was the final cathartic event. It was truly a story book ending.
Yes. The finality of the "Dime in OT" makes it so indelible. A moment of football ecstasy that will outlive us all.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
This wasn't just a game-winning touchdown...

it was a National Championship winning touchdown!!

When is the last time that happened? Had it ever? And when did Bama last win a "normal" game in this fashion?

ahem, Selma..

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I don't want to pile on JH too much here, but I wonder:

1) could he have made that throw?
2) would he have even tried?

Game on the line, I don't know that I could have let it go like that, but Tua just unleashed a perfect pass to where nobody could get it but his guy.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don't want to pile on JH too much here, but I wonder:

1) could he have made that throw?
2) would he have even tried?

Game on the line, I don't know that I could have let it go like that, but Tua just unleashed a perfect pass to where nobody could get it but his guy.
NFL QB’s won’t attempt that throw. It’s not supposed to be possible. Joey Galloway talked about it last night and how in 8 years in the NFL he tried to convince 27 different QB’s to try it and they wouldn’t do it.

TUA threw an absolute PERFECT Pass that was only possible because of his Head Fake, Cobra Release, Accuracy, Velocity and Bigtime Gunslinger Moxie!!!

I can’t do the throw justice....that pass flat isn’t supposed to beat that coverage!!

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
Well, I've replayed it enough to make it the greatest play ever
I've watched it with commentators from ESPN, ESPN Desportes, UGA radio (kinda funny!), and of course Eli Gold. It was great every time, and now that you've got me thinking about it, I may go watch them again!

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Do you remember that play didn't actually count? I think we were offsides. It was a huge momentum swing and created a tremendous psychological advantage but I'd have a hard time putting that play above the Tua bomb. Good thing we have so many to choose from :)
It counted in a sense that if Teague hadn't ran him down and stripped the ball, they could have declined the offside call and took the ball at about the 10 or so. With us having possession they had to take the penalty to retain possession.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I've watched it with commentators from ESPN, ESPN Desportes, UGA radio (kinda funny!), and of course Eli Gold. It was great every time, and now that you've got me thinking about it, I may go watch them again!
You know what, the Georgia version may be my favorite. You can actually hear the very moment their heart stops ....(I know that's mean but.....)

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
The UGA One was my favorite. They were pumped and deflated in a nanosecond. It’s like he realized how amazing it was right before he realized what it meant.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.