Tua bomb was the greatest single play in Alabama athletics history. - Page 4
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Re: Tua bomb was the greatest single play in Alabama athletics history.

It is a play that is etched into my mind. With so many ups and downs in that game it was the final cathartic event. It was truly a story book ending.

2. Advertisement

It's great to read everyone's perspective on this topic. I just think how great it will be to watch this play in the updated montage video on the big boards in BDS in perpetuity starting next year!
    "If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them." - As Candidus in the Boston Gazette, January 20, 1772

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    Great start to your list
    Add - Stapler's run in the mud in the Iron Bowl in 66
    If only I had been alive to see that one happen, but I do have an appreciation for it. I was pretty young for the goal line stand also (8 years old), but I was watching, and I remember the excitement in the living room when it happened, despite not truly understanding the significance.

I know it's fresh, but it's a play I don't think I'll ever forget. Watching it unfold it seemed surreal, and when Smith caught the ball, I didn't know what to do for second - I didn't want to get too excited, expecting a flag or something.

Seriously, no better ending to a game of this magnitude that i can recall. Taking a huge sack then standing up and straight up BALLING...

RTR!
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I know it's fresh, but it's a play I don't think I'll ever forget. Watching it unfold it seemed surreal, and when Smith caught the ball, I didn't know what to do for second - I didn't want to get too excited, expecting a flag or something.

Seriously, no better ending to a game of this magnitude that i can recall. Taking a huge sack then standing up and straight up BALLING...

RTR!
    Devonte Smith is Mr. Clutch with two game winners - vs. UGA & Miss. St. He reminds me of Kevin Norwood. Big in big moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide_21 View Post
    Devonte Smith is Mr. Clutch with two game winners - vs. UGA & Miss. St. He reminds me of Kevin Norwood. Big in big moments.

Great comparison. I think he's got more physical tools to work with than Norwood as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    Great comparison. I think he's got more physical tools to work with than Norwood as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    No doubt about that. He’s got NFL potential. I Norwood played a couple years in the league too. Goodness Smith, Jeudy, & Ruggs will be fun to watch. Add in a good TE in Irv Smith

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide_21 View Post
    No doubt about that. He’s got NFL potential. I Norwood played a couple years in the league too. Goodness Smith, Jeudy, & Ruggs will be fun to watch. Add in a good TE in Irv Smith
    And Najee Harris.

We have some SICK freshmen...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    And Najee Harris.

We have some SICK freshmen...
    Unlike anything we’ve seen in the Saban era on the offensive side of the ball and that’s saying something

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedWave View Post
    If only I had been alive to see that one happen, but I do have an appreciation for it. I was pretty young for the goal line stand also (8 years old), but I was watching, and I remember the excitement in the living room when it happened, despite not truly understanding the significance.
    I saw STABLER'S run (don't know who Stapler is) and it was equally dramatic. There have been many dramatic, game-ending plays through the years...for and against us. What a great ride we are on....
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation All-SEC aerospace_ray's Avatar

I am thankful I got to see last nights game winner with my children, special moment. Regarding greatest play, I am thankful our program has many to choose from across many decades (i.e. Run in mud, Goal line stand, The Kick, and Tua's pass).
    RTR
    User formerly known as "13 4 BAMA soon"

"they didn't stumble in to it, they didn't back in to it, they just whipped Miami 34-13" (Keith Jackson circa 1992-3 National Championship, ABC Sports)

BamaNation All-SEC TriCountyTider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    Tagovailoa's explanation to the reporter after the game gave me the impression that he understands the offense pretty well...
    Agreed. His explanation of the play showed QB intelligence. I swear, it was almost as fun to hear him explain the play as it was to watch the play. Wow, young man is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    I saw STABLER'S run (don't know who Stapler is) and it was equally dramatic. There have been many dramatic, game-ending plays through the years...for and against us. What a great ride we are on....
    That was Kenny's brother Benny who worked in the office products area of Woolworths.
    11011001 11010110 11010011 11010011 01000000 11100011 11001001 11000100 11000101