Tua bomb was the greatest single play in Alabama athletics history. - Page 9
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RammerJammer14's Avatar

Re: Tua bomb was the greatest single play in Alabama athletics history.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Idk if this has already been said but just read that it was the longest touchdown pass in the history of college football overtime
    Almost has to be considering you start overtime at the 25 lol. Who plays from the 41 in OT?
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer14 View Post
    Almost has to be considering you start overtime at the 25 lol. Who plays from the 41 in OT?
    Yea exactly. Just a stat to further exemplify how ridiculous that play and game were. Insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by jabcmb View Post
    I can always say I watched it live, but from opposite corner of the field about halfway up the stands. If you watched it live on TV you had a much better view than me.

However, I did get to experience one of my favorite moments in football: when the opposing fan base that outnumbers you goes from screaming celebration to totally silent shock in a split second, and the minority Alabama crowd erupts. Iíve seen this before at Penn St and TN, and there is nothing like it.
    I was right above you and this was my train of thought:

"It's too long... no it's too short... no it's just right get under it baby TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!"

Leaving the stadium the GA fans were very quiet... it only hit me later that they were STUNNED. This game was in their hands and they didn't take it. Kind of like I felt leaving the Clemson game last year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer14 View Post

"Alabama does."

Hey, we had to make it more dramatic, to crush their spirit.
    "What's our situation? I'll tell you what our situation is.

It STINKS! It's cold, it's wet, and we're under heavy fire."

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by cmmiller711 View Post
    This is how I feel. It was do or die. Euphoria or despair. Victory or failure. Unbelievable.
    Plus it seemed like we were destined to lose, with the missed field goal in regulation, the long made field goal by UGA and the sack for huge loss on the play before the TD. He reversed fate.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    "Alabama does."
    They make you feel special
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Have I mentioned lately that we should xxx Dabawl. Huh, Throw Dabawl.
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Itís up there because it might be the clutchest throw any of our QBís have ever made. You just donít see True Freshmen who havenít played a bunch make throws like he made tonight with the National Title on the line!!
    It was also a Championship won on the last play. How many times has that happened, and twice in the last two years.

Freshman. Back to the wall. Just made a colossal blunder. I mean, there is more surely but hat is enough in my book.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Kinda hard to beat the "Goalline Stand" against Penn St., "The Kick" or "The run in the Mud"!
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    Kinda hard to beat the "Goalline Stand" against Penn St., "The Kick" or "The run in the Mud"!
    Alabama has so many of these in your history. This will probably be that play for this generation.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Alabama has so many of these in your history. This will probably be that play for this generation.
    This has got to be the best. The importance of the game. The emotional swing. The gutsy calll. Perfectly orchestrated by 11 young men. Everyone did their part. This was a total team effort.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA4Bama View Post
    It was a great play. But I think you are caught up in the moment. I can think of several plays that were more spectacular on an equally big stage. Teague running down the receiver was epic, for example. AJ to Coop was too. I suggest enjoying this win for what it is instead of trying to find comparison.
    The goal line stand against Penn State in my lifetime, but LA is right it should not be about comparisons every great Alabama win has its own story.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

"Get off my lawn." Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrasstide View Post
    A bit of irony for you... Before the game my kids and I decided to watch one of the Defining Moments videos. I was thinking 315 because of the significance that a win would have (tying Coach Bryant's milestone). They insisted on The Goal Line Stand. As we watched it I explained to them that it could be the most legendary play in Alabama football history. I told them that plays like that are what made me become an Alabama fan. Last night, as we were watching the celebration, I got to tell my boys that they were watching history. They were watching something I never thought I would get to experience- Coach Saban caught Coach Bryant. To boot, I told them, they also got to see what I think is the biggest play in Alabama football history. I held up the copy of The Goal Line Stand dvd and told them that they would make one of "these" of what they just watched. Sometimes the biggest part of win is the little moments you get to share with your family-when you see that look in your kids' eyes and realize that they are hooked for life. In moments like that you realize just how good God is, not just in the trials of our life, but in the joy that He allows us to experience.
    Very well said. Roll Tide!