Tua bomb was the greatest single play in Alabama athletics history.

merino

BamaNation Citizen
May 5, 2017
Unequivocally, the single best play in Bama history:
i) overtime
ii) looking at 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] down, on 41 yard line
iii) unreliable field goal kicker
iv) freshmam qb
v) national championship
vi) walk off win
v) at that point, Ga fans were considerably louder than Al

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I know it's a play I will watch again and again for the rest of my life and each time I will still smile and get goosebumps listening to Chris Fowler yell "TOUCHDOWN"!
I honestly think I've watched it a thousand times now and i still grin ear to ear every time I hear his play call.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
..... Actually I only found out recently that there was apparently one second on the clock after that play and they had to do a kickoff, I didn't know this because I turned the tv off after they caught the pass and haven't rewatched that particular portion of the game....
It was an onside kick. I was surprised Dabo took the risk.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Heck, we talked on here how Hurts never throws down the left sideline. I'm sure UGA noticed the same tendencies. (not to bring that discussion here but it is pertinent to this play)
Because he can't. He is terrible when throwing to that side of the field.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Happened to catch ( no pun intended) the last few minutes of classic football on the sec network. Forgot Saban was the lsu head coach when the bluegrass miracle happened. He has experienced a lot of these last second game changing moments. The block, the kick 6, the pick, bluegrass, and the Tua td. I'm sure there are probably more I'm missing. Think it might be his style of team play or just college football?

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
It’s 100 degrees today, stuck inside, so decided to re-watch the game.
I still got nervous during the 4th quarter.
Those last two plays were bang, bang, almost takes a minute to realize what happened.
Love the smile on Saban’s face after the game.
Never get tired of watching sad UGA faces.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Even if it was in the Kick 6 Iron Bowl, don't forget the longest TD pass in Alabama history from McCarron to Cooper. (99 yards)

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Even if it was in the Kick 6 Iron Bowl, don't forget the longest TD pass in Alabama history from McCarron to Cooper. (99 yards)
It was a thing of beauty. I always wanted to wear the Crimson n White and catch a bomb to beat Awbun. Heck....I just always wanted to beat Awbun in anything. Why wouldn't anybody want to beat ....Awwwbunn?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.