Tua bomb was the greatest single play in Alabama athletics history.

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I've been racking my brain all night and I truly think it's highlight number one in the history of Alabama sports. I've never seen anything like that game. I'm still in disbelief. It's like the exact opposite of how I felt after the 2010 and 2013 iron bowls.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
It’s up there because it might be the clutchest throw any of our QB’s have ever made. You just don’t see True Freshmen who haven’t played a bunch make throws like he made tonight with the National Title on the line!!

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Well, I've replayed it enough to make it the greatest play ever
i just dont think with what was on the line and the probability of tua bringing us to that point, that theres anything you can put ahead of it. WAY out of field goal range too. he misses that throw we have 3rd and 26 to even get in the ballpark to kick a field goal. it was pretty much do or die. insane.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Well, if it is or not I don't know..

But when it happened it was an out of body moment.

So yeah, for me, greatest ever.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
i just dont think with what was on the line and the probability of tua bringing us to that point, that theres anything you can put ahead of it. WAY out of field goal range too. he misses that throw we have 3rd and 26 to even get in the ballpark to kick a field goal. it was pretty much do or die. insane.
And as a freshman, I'd have to put it at the top . It'll certainly find it's way into the Bryant museum

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I've been racking my brain all night and I truly think it's highlight number one in the history of Alabama sports. I've never seen anything like that game. I'm still in disbelief. It's like the exact opposite of how I felt after the 2010 and 2013 iron bowls.
It was a great play. But I think you are caught up in the moment. I can think of several plays that were more spectacular on an equally big stage. Teague running down the receiver was epic, for example. AJ to Coop was too. I suggest enjoying this win for what it is instead of trying to find comparison.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
It was a great play. But I think you are caught up in the moment. I can think of several plays that were more spectacular on an equally big stage. Teague running down the receiver was epic, for example. AJ to Coop was too. I suggest enjoying this win for what it is instead of trying to find comparison.
Gotta push back on that, LA4. That was a walk-off homerun to win the World Series, a Game 7 buzzer beater type of play. I'll go ahead and get "caught up in the moment."

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Not downplaying any of these Bama moments, but the context here really matters. A true freshman with no meaningful playtime stepped into the title game and crushed one of the best defenses in the country, taking his team from scoreless to national champion while overcoming a demoralizing missed FG at the end of regulation. The TD bomb from 2nd and 20+ was just the exclamation point on a momentous debut. I don't really care to "rank" these great moments, but I'm sure we all agree that the second half turnaround made this one of the best Alabama games of all time. RTR.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I won't rank individual plays, ( but I will say Van Tiffin has a place in my heart like no other man ) but I don't know that I recall being so thoroughly whipped for a portion of the game and still winning. Maybe a couple of trips to Red Stick compare, but not sure anything else does.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Tua made so many ridiculous plays.

The 3rd down scramble when we needed anything good to happen on offense, just once.

The second TD throw that I still don't know if he knew Ridley was going to be able to make that play.

Obviously the walk off throw.

Absolutely incredible.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
The second TD throw that I still don't know if he knew Ridley was going to be able to make that play.
I think he was throwing to Harris but who cares. Sure is a fine morning.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
A bit of irony for you... Before the game my kids and I decided to watch one of the Defining Moments videos. I was thinking 315 because of the significance that a win would have (tying Coach Bryant's milestone). They insisted on The Goal Line Stand. As we watched it I explained to them that it could be the most legendary play in Alabama football history. I told them that plays like that are what made me become an Alabama fan. Last night, as we were watching the celebration, I got to tell my boys that they were watching history. They were watching something I never thought I would get to experience- Coach Saban caught Coach Bryant. To boot, I told them, they also got to see what I think is the biggest play in Alabama football history. I held up the copy of The Goal Line Stand dvd and told them that they would make one of "these" of what they just watched. Sometimes the biggest part of win is the little moments you get to share with your family-when you see that look in your kids' eyes and realize that they are hooked for life. In moments like that you realize just how good God is, not just in the trials of our life, but in the joy that He allows us to experience.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.