Tua's emergence: This should be a good spike for remaining Recruits for 2018

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
With the showing, and exciting of play of Tua in the NCG, I'm expecting this will benefit Bama in the final days of this year's recruiting class. The offense really opened up after the insertion of this True Freshman. Time will tell as far as recruiting goes, but now I'm anxious for Spring to come and getting a good fix on what to expect next year. First, and foremost, I'll settle for the 24 Hour rule.

ROLL TIDE!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'll add in that Tua being showcased also allowed Jeudy, Ruggs III, and Smith to be spotlighted. Throw in NAJEE making some HUGE runs and that's FIVE True Freshmen that just all played PIVITAL roles in us winning a NC!!!

The way CNS allowed them to 'Show-Out' not only won us the game.....it just completely flipped the recruiting narrative for WR's and RB's.

We look 'Exciting' on offense again!!!

Every time people seem to think this Dynasty is about to end CNS pulls out some slick new tricks...... I LOVE IT!!!

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I totally agree. Any recruit that was on the fence should be completely on our side after last night. RTR
With the showing, and exciting of play of Tua in the NCG, I'm expecting this will benefit Bama in the final days of this year's recruiting class. The offense really opened up after the insertion of this True Freshman. Time will tell as far as recruiting goes, but now I'm anxious for Spring to come and getting a good fix on what to expect next year. First, and foremost, I'll settle for the 24 Hour rule.

ROLL TIDE!

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I really do hope this gets the attention of any star offensive players who were maybe dismissing us because they couldn't see how playing in a Jalen-led offense would benefit them or show their skills.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The only thing is something like 75% of the top 100 players signed during the early signing period. There's not that many big fish out there. Defintely will be a recruiting bump going forward but not sure how much impact it'll have on the 2018 class. BTW, where does the 2017 class rank with Tua, Smitty, Ruggs, N Harris Jeudy, Leatherwood etc. It's got to be one of the best of the Saban era..

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
The fact that it was True Freshman to True Freshman to win the national championship game should mean a lot to any recruit watching.

There is a legitimate opportunity that any one of them could be in that position next year.

2 years ago it was Calvin Ridley in the big game.

In 2012 it was Amari Cooper.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
The only thing is something like 75% of the top 100 players signed during the early signing period. There's not that many big fish out there. Defintely will be a recruiting bump going forward but not sure how much impact it'll have on the 2018 class. BTW, where does the 2017 class rank with Tua, Smitty, Ruggs, N Harris Jeudy, Leatherwood etc. It's got to be one of the best of the Saban era..
Which is why this upcoming class isn't as huge a deal (it's not like we dove into the 20's BTW, we currently site at #5 I think) but with the class we just had and their youth it will help mask any bumps experienced this year.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Except ... most of our top receiving targets are still out there. Their heads had to snap back last night.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
I really do hope this gets the attention of any star offensive players who were maybe dismissing us because they couldn't see how playing in a Jalen-led offense would benefit them or show their skills.
It should really help - despite what some were saying leading up to the game last night, the situation WAS having a very negative affect on recruiting in the area of offensive skill position players. Also, it should help keep our guys on the roster right now firmly entrenched going forward.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
We don't need 75% -- we just need about 4-5 top players to say they are coming and our year is over the top. We will get them I believe...coach is making phone calls today!!

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Which is why this upcoming class isn't as huge a deal (it's not like we dove into the 20's BTW, we currently site at #5 I think) but with the class we just had and their youth it will help mask any bumps experienced this year.
........ combined with the fact that CNS and staff are masters at identifying, attracting and developing 3 & 4 star players. We're in good shape.

RTR!!!

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Not only for showcasing “we play freshmen”, but to get skill guys excited to come to Bama again. Jalen would never distribute the ball like Tua did, we give all of our receivers a chance to make a name for themselves.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.