JessN: Georgia wrap-up: Sabanís courage to make a tough call nets him a sixth title
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Article Georgia wrap-up: Sabanís courage to make a tough call nets him a sixth title

Georgia wrap-up: Sabanís courage to make a tough call nets him a sixth title
    by Jess Nicholas
    TideFans Editor-In-Chief
    January 9th, 2018 08:43 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Jan. 9, 2018 In the college football world, success on the national stage brings with it many perks. A raise. Additional years on oneís contract. The freedom to veer a bit from established norms, and to take alternative paths to repeat an earlier success. If coaches are granted that kind […]

Read More Here
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar

Re: Georgia wrap-up: Sabanís courage to make a tough call nets him a sixth title

Perfect final wrap up of the season. Thank you Jess.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar

Re: Georgia wrap-up: Sabanís courage to make a tough call nets him a sixth title

Thanks Jess, love your articles and insight.

Now, on to the tough question: after struggling to progress this year and questionable game plans, will Daboll be on the sidelines next year in your opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

If fortune favors the bold, it’s easy to see why Nick Saban has a lot of followers. Saban’s aggressiveness in title games has always been present, but it never gets the attention it probably deserves. A fake punt attempt against Texas, the onside kick against Clemson, now this. Of all Saban’s impressive abilities, the ability to know when to call his shot may be his most underrated.
    I agree with this completely.
    ďAnd what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.Ē
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Great post game article. Easy to always say that, but this one is special.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation All-American

Great writeup, Jess. Maybe later it would be nice to just get your insight on just the level of poise Tua displayed coming into that situation. It's morning but it's still hard for me to take in what I witnessed firsthand.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BamaNation Second Team

Of course Iím not Jess. But I say yes. I believe Daboll was instructed to help Jalen become a better NFL QB which lead to some regression. It cut down on turnover but took away a lot of moxy. That said, aside from a few questionable streaks, he did pretty good for a first time coordinator. I think Daboll came on to position himself for a HC somewhere. I donít see Saban letting him go after one year without some massive disconnect.

Great article, Jess! I always love reading your post-game writeups. This one is like a scoop of vanilla ice cream on hot peach cobbler while watching a July 4 fireworks show! Perfect cap to an amazing season!

Thanks Jess. Another excellent review.

BamaNation All-SEC tide power fan's Avatar

Thanks Jess, you so right about the brass, I was totally gobsmacked .

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Full banjeaux sir.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Re: Georgia wrap-up: Saban’s courage to make a tough call nets him a sixth title

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Thanks Jess, love your articles and insight.

Now, on to the tough question: after struggling to progress this year and questionable game plans, will Daboll be on the sidelines next year in your opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With different personnel on the field in the second half and a deficit to overcome, he was able to call creative, gutsy plays that, to my uninformed eye, transformed our kids into the unit we expected them to be all year long. I hope he stays and he gets a raise.
    Last edited by Tidetwin; January 9th, 2018 at 01:46 PM. Reason: this and that

BamaNation All-SEC

Bolder than putting Tua in to start 2nd half was leaving him in after the interception which was just an awful play on his part. Most coaches would've gone back to Hurts at that point.