CNS is the GOAT. Look at this stat of his.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
I'm a Bryant fan and of course Saban fan. I just really don't like these articles because of so many factors involved.One being the technology and travel of being able to recruit TV coverage. Also what Bryant left behind for future coaches to succeed one being his player scholarship fund. I just don't see the need for comparison. Their both great at what they do. Read about some of Bryants car trips to recruit. JMO

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
The "Mama called" aspect of Bryant's dedication to the University sets Bryant apart in my personal opinion. And his longevity.

That's not intended to be a knock against Saban. I imagine some of the other old timers will understand what I'm getting at.

What I hope for is for Saban to win the evasive "three-peat" title before he steps down. He had us so close before, it would be great so see him win the next two and put the record out of reach for good.
Understood and FULLY appreciate...! Roll~Tide...

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
We are basically 2 seconds away from having two three peats. One second in 2013 & one second last year
That one in 2013 was the most painful because we should have beaten Auburn by at least 14 points. The game last year was just a tough loss to a very good team. You are correct, though, and I hope Saban stays long enough to accomplish the three-peat.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The fact that Coach Saban is now talked about in the 'Greatest Ever' category, along with Coach Bryant is high honor.

It's a bigger honor when you consider the many rules in place today.

Coach Bryant had the luxury of recruiting some players to keep them from going to Tennessee, and Auburn. Few if any limitations on the number of players on a team back then.

Coach Saban is doing it with less players, and more regulations.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Decided to bump this thread for this factoid I found.

Going back to his LSU days. Nick saban is a combined 15-3 in Sec championship games, Playoff semi final games, and BCS/CFP title games.

That is insane.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Having been born in 1960 I can remember 3 or 4 of CPB's championships. One of the things that distinguishes CPB above all others was simply his presence. I never experienced it myself, but I've heard / read countless stories of his commanding presence. Grown men would instantly stop talking, and stand up when he entered the room. I've heard several say you could feel you were in the presence of greatness. It's impossible to describe what he meant to the state of Alabama back then. All you need to do is watch some videos from his funeral to get a feel of it.

All that to say, it didn't make CPB the GOAT over CNS, but there were some intangibles that those who remember him simply can't forget.

Fortunately, there's room in my heart for two heroes![/QUOTE]
^^^^Agree 100% with your statements. ^^^^
Have been fortunate to witness both Coach Bryant and CNS. i have trouble discussing GOAT when a question I hate comes up regarding who's the greatest... I guess its simply because I saw Coach Bryant in my childhood (70's) and just a different time. I absolutely viewed Coach Bryant as a hero akin to John Wayne or Roy Rogers, etc. And even the other fan bases showed him respect from what I witnessed. Statistically I agree CNS is tops. I guess there can only be a single GOAT but I just choose to separate the era's and in one its Coach Bryant and the other CNS. Blessed that both great coaches are a part of BAMA history. RTR

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Having been born in 1960 I can remember 3 or 4 of CPB's championships. One of the things that distinguishes CPB above all others was simply his presence. I never experienced it myself, but I've heard / read countless stories of his commanding presence. Grown men would instantly stop talking, and stand up when he entered the room. I've heard several say you could feel you were in the presence of greatness. It's impossible to describe what he meant to the state of Alabama back then. All you need to do is watch some videos from his funeral to get a feel of it.

All that to say, it didn't make CPB the GOAT over CNS, but there were some intangibles that those who remember him simply can't forget.

Fortunately, there's room in my heart for two heroes!
^^^^Agree 100% with your statements. ^^^^
Have been fortunate to witness both Coach Bryant and CNS. i have trouble discussing GOAT when a question I hate comes up regarding who's the greatest... I guess its simply because I saw Coach Bryant in my childhood (70's) and just a different time. I absolutely viewed Coach Bryant as a hero akin to John Wayne or Roy Rogers, etc. And even the other fan bases showed him respect from what I witnessed. Statistically I agree CNS is tops. I guess there can only be a single GOAT but I just choose to separate the era's and in one its Coach Bryant and the other CNS. Blessed that both great coaches are a part of BAMA history. RTR[/QUOTE]

Hey, I agree with everything you said.

BUT, which one does not belong:

Bear Bryant
Roy Rogers
John Wayne

:wink:

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
Perhaps GOTT (greatest of their time) would be a better description?

What CNS has done at Bama is arguably the greatest run of results of all time, but would Bama have been able to attract CNS in the first place if CPB had not first built the legacy and mystique here that he did?

I probably least qualified to guess, but my mind naturally frames it in such a way that if Bama did not have the history it did, including CPB achievements then CNS would not have been HC here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.