Bama championship gear (what have you bought or buying)

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I did the late night rush and bought some gear. I always have to have a hat and a basic shirt. I will absolutely buy every publication/ magazine that comes out ....especially sports illustrated. I think we are going to have some great paintings coming out on this game in the future, gotta hang some of those up too. So.....whatcha got or going to buy. RTR

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Something I really want but have yet to find a source for is a crimson accented, Nike Vapor One football - either just like or similar to the one we used in the CFP.

If anyone finds a source for one, please let me know.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
You know I actually don't buy championship specific gear.

The day we played Clemson there was a Clemson fan walking around in a 2016 Natl Championship hat and jacket. I thought he looked such a tool (partially because their colors blow).

But it just dates so quickly and in a weird way, it actually feels like the opposite of the what the team is about. Saban is always about what's next. I don't know, it jsut feels odd to me.

Now regular Bama gear I wear religiously.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
You know I actually don't buy championship specific gear.

The day we played Clemson there was a Clemson fan walking around in a 2016 Natl Championship hat and jacket. I thought he looked such a tool (partially because their colors blow).

But it just dates so quickly and in a weird way, it actually feels like the opposite of the what the team is about. Saban is always about what's next. I don't know, it jsut feels odd to me.

Now regular Bama gear I wear religiously.
I don't really either. Not a huge fan of it. I bought a shirt for the 2009 championship but because I was at that game and figured why not. However, there is something different about this game that makes me want to buy some gear.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I don't really either. Not a huge fan of it. I bought a shirt for the 2009 championship but because I was at that game and figured why not. However, there is something different about this game that makes me want to buy some gear.
If anything I'm going to custom create a graphic tee with Tua letting go of the ball that wind the game. A visual reminder of a moment that captures a feeling more than a hat with the Championship logos on it.
But hey, if folks like the gear that's totally fine. To each his own.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
If anything I'm going to custom create a graphic tee with Tua letting go of the ball that wind the game. A visual reminder of a moment that captures a feeling more than a hat with the Championship logos on it.
But hey, if folks like the gear that's totally fine. To each his own.
Yea completely agree. I was actually thinking that the problem with gear for me is that I don't care about the number of titles as much as I care about the players and plays that won it.

BoSox Tider

Scout Team
Jul 1, 2011
Definitely a t-shirt or 2, and gotta get another one of those crystal football NC paperweights. I have 3 already.

RTR!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
If I still had any money, I'd just buy one of everything... :)

I picked up a couple items at the stadium but I'm sure at least a t-shirt and new hat (I haven't bought one since 2009) are in my future.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Guys, I have a total first world problem... Every year that we win I buy the Nike Locker Room championship gear to commemorate the game. Its become a personal tradition of mine and I wait anxiously to see what it looks like. I’m also admittedly a bit of a brand snob for any Bama gear that isn’t Nike. Since it’s the official brand of the program it always strikes me as sacrilege to buy anyone else. (Again I say, first world problem)

However, have you guys seen this year’s official championship T-shirt? It’s butt ugly! I’m not sure who thought the catchphrase; “King of Confetti” was fitting for a national champion, but that’s just wrong! I swear, the last few years the championship gear has become more about Nike and less about the winning team. I think this is the year I have to put aside my brand name snobbery and buy the more generic brand gear. Maybe I’ll buy the official hat, but I just can’t bring myself to pay $35 for a T-shirt with that bad of a catchphrase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I always get a shirt or two and a football or helmet. I also buy replica rings to display. One day after this is all said and done I am going to get a t-shirt quilt made with all my Bama shirts.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Wilson comes out with those commemorative footballs every year, I usually pass on them but I think this one may finally get me. I have a Bama room where I display a year plaque with memorabilia under each year. Obviously the older titles ....I have nothing to show for them but man....this one feels special, young guys came through

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Wilson comes out with those commemorative footballs every year, I usually pass on them but I think this one may finally get me. I have a Bama room where I display a year plaque with memorabilia under each year. Obviously the older titles ....I have nothing to show for them but man....this one feels special, young guys came through
Its interesting how everyone seems to feel that even though its the 5th one under CNS. Even Saban was feeling it. This one just FEELS different. I don't fully understand why though I do have some ideas.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
A shirt for sure. Something else, I just haven't decided. I might buy my first ever Daniel Moore painting. I always wanted one and I now make the kind of money where it isn't a big deal.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I'll especially love wearing the gear down at the condo. Lots of UGA friends there and it will all be in good fun. (maybe) lol

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
After the 2009 championship my wife's grandmother (who is an Auburn fan) bought limited edition Waterford crystal footballs for the Bama fans in the family. Since then it has become a mandatory purchase for us.

Last season I have a good friend who is a Clemson fan and likes collectibles like this so being a good sport I looked up the Clemson championship football and sent him the link. Waterford sent me emails for the next few months reminding me that I should purchase the 2016 Clemson National Championship football :(

http://www.waterford.com/2017-college-football-national-champions-football-paperweight

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
I always get a shirt or two and a football or helmet. I also buy replica rings to display. One day after this is all said and done I am going to get a t-shirt quilt made with all my Bama shirts.
I'm in the process of making one of my own right now, but we just keep winning 'Ships so I fear it'll never be completed

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.