Will BDS stand for Bryant Denny Saban in the future?

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I don't know how they go about all that but the dude deserves more than his name on the field at this point. He just does. But I can't very well argue that either Bryant or Denny have their name removed from the stadium. I don't know how other schools have managed such a thing. I think VA Tech named the street in front of Lane Stadium for Frank Beamer - even though Beamer did the most for the football program at that school and it wasn't even close.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Not likely... But I can see a "Nick Saban Field @ Bryant Denny Stadium" in the near future.
The last few years I've always assumed they would name the field "Saban Field" at some point. Didn't FSU do that for Bowden while he was still coaching?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The last few years I've always assumed they would name the field "Saban Field" at some point. Didn't FSU do that for Bowden while he was still coaching?
The way he's focused i bet he won't let that happen for five years after he's dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I also could see Nick Saban field at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Also, I think Coach Saban will get a street named after him. University Blvd., Bryant Drive, and Wallace Wade Avenue all run by Bryant-Denny Stadium. There is another big road that runs by BDS, and I think it's called Colonial Avenue. That could easily be renamed "Nick Saban Avenue."

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
They have to do something, and will. I just don't know for certain what the most appropriate thing would be.

Rtr

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I also could see Nick Saban field at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Also, I think Coach Saban will get a street named after him. University Blvd., Bryant Drive, and Wallace Wade Avenue all run by Bryant-Denny Stadium. There is another big road that runs by BDS, and I think it's called Colonial Avenue. That could easily be renamed "Nick Saban Avenue."
I don't have a problem renaming it, but Colonial Dr. is not a big road.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Why rename the stadium in Tuscaloosa, when he's already got the Saban Dome in Atlanta :cool:

I like the Saban field @ BDS idea. Think it would be awesome if they did it while he was still coaching. And no doubt a road in Tuscaloosa is named after him someday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.