Game Thread: South Carolina @ Alabama

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I watched my son’s game then watched Bama on dvr. Key started as the three. Bama scored a lot of early points inside. Good ball movement most of the game but a few bad spells of bad dribbling. A chunk of turnovers in 1st half got USC back in it for while.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
A couple of notes.

Armond Davis seems to be back with the team after being absent for about a month. I think he had decided to stay. We could have used his scoring against UGA and Vandy.

I think Coach Johnson wanted Sexton to be a distributor tonight which is good in the long run. He is a scoring point guard, but I think needs to be a sort of hybrid 2. He is a great a driver and he can shoot the 3 so his skill set suits the 2 more than the 1 in my opinion. He still only has 3 assists although he was out much of the 1st half with 2 fouls.

Our inside game looked as good as it has all year. This is why we lost 2 Vandy and UGA, no attempts to get the ball to our bigs. If we can keep them involved, we can be a pretty good team.

We have to get more leadership and need a true point guard to run the team offensively. We need to get our switches on defense down and simply guard the opposing guards better. We've been a good defensive team until this year. We can be again. It only takes desire to be a good defender. Herb Jones is by far our best defender. He has a knack for taking charges.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I watched the game live but was unable to post during the game. Good win but we've really put ourself behind the 8 ball by dropping some games we shouldn't have. Now we'll have to win some games we weren't counting on in order to be considered for the tournament. If we can somehow consistently shoot like we did in this game we can play with anybody..

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The starting lineup was very interesting with Jones, Sexton, Key, Giddens and Hall. I don't know if Coach Johnson is still playing around with lineups or if he saw something in match-ups with USC that made him go this route.

18 assists for the team is a pretty good; a lot of those getting the ball inside. Still too many careless turnovers though.

I've thought the same as Rama Jama regarding Sexton playing more 2 at times. He is leading the team in 3 point percentage except for Jones who only has 10 attempts.

Good distribution on points, rebounding and assists in this game with minutes spread out. Key is getting stronger.

Neither Ingram or Sexton scored a lot of points. I still want to see some mid-range jumpers (but not like the one from Hall unless he starts nailing them...).

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I watched the game live but was unable to post during the game. Good win but we've really put ourself behind the 8 ball by dropping some games we shouldn't have. Now we'll have to win some games we weren't counting on in order to be considered for the tournament. If we can somehow consistently shoot like we did in this game we can play with anybody..
Yep, it's been a jekyll and Hyde season , they just need a couple of wins ...a little streak to get some confidence going and hopefully we are keying in on some rotation lineups.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.