OMG .. the UGA whining about officiating

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The National Championship Game was called 'Loosely'...
Lots of potential penalities for both teams were not called.

The Georgia people that are whining, ignore the fact that while they owned the first half, we owned the second half.

Georgia had a great game plan, BUT... The Georgia game plan apparently didn't include what to do if TUA came in the game.

Tua woke up our Offense, then our Defense caught on fire, and Georgia's dreams went up in smoke.

The bellyaching, and whining is all they have left in Ga.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
My favorite is the Georgia fans who don't understand that a false start is a dead ball foul. The blocked punt wouldn't have counted even if the penalty had been called on Alabama.

I swear its "Terrence Cody took his helmet off" all over again.

Last edited:

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
My usual go-ro response: “If it makes you feel better, you can go to the Bryant Museum and look at your trophy, whenever you want.”

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I must admit that I was little upset last year when Clemson got away with the pick play to beat us. I am sure that a lot of folks on this site would agree with me that that was in fact a pick play. And, I am also sure that I am not the only one that immediately screamed at my TV pick, call the pick.
But, as the greatest coach of all time regularly states, "it is what it is". Georgia fans will either move on, or they will whine all year about it, but the reality is that BAMA is the national Champions :). And there aint nuttin they can do about that :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I felt that the officials in all of the CFP games did a great job of letting the players decide the games. I felt that GA benefited from a few calls and non calls in the first half, but that flipped a bit to favor Alabama in the second. But neither team gained a significant advantage.

Alabama had the better team, Tua provided the spark, and Alabama won.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I felt that the officials in all of the CFP games did a great job of letting the players decide the games. I felt that GA benefited from a few calls and non calls in the first half, but that flipped a bit to favor Alabama in the second. But neither team gained a significant advantage.

Alabama had the better team, Tua provided the spark, and Alabama won.

I agree. Luckily, the refs missed a few calls and it was in our favor. But it did go both ways. Hard to know if UGA would have gotten momentum and scored if calls had gone their way. I can understand the UGA fans being upset because I am always upset when the refs favor the other team, especially in our big games. The refs missed calls on both sides Monday though.

Clemson and the pick plays of course comes to mind. We did have other ways to win, but that was a game winning play. We could have a 3 peat right now if not for that loss last year.

We won the game Monday night because of Tua and our defense, not because of the refs. I have not seen any Georgia fan friends yet but will today. I will also see our Vet today, who is an Auburn fan.. should be interesting.

KillVols

1st Team
Oct 23, 2004
Watching the game a few times I saw no calls on both sides. For example....we were all focused on the possible pick in the end zone on the pass that Judy almost caught.. Why didn't he catch it? the DB had grabbed his arm and pulls it down just enough....before the ball gets there. He was all over him! Should have been a TD! Plus do we really have to look at the fact that Alabama is last place each year on opponents penalties. How many holding penalties happen against our glorious d-line all year? Almost none. How could that possibly be? I agree with the people that hated last years pick but accepted it as the way it is. The talk radio and several people I know believe we were given the game.. I dont think they were watching the same game. Roll Tide!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
My favorite is the Georgia fans who don't understand that a false start is a dead ball foul. The blocked punt wouldn't have counted even if the penalty had been called on Alabama.

I swear its "Terrence Cody took his helmet off" all over again.
This is the one call they may have a "beef" about. We could have been called for "false start" and you are correct that it's dead ball and we would have simply been backed up 5 yards. But the call was they were off sides and I'm not sure he was. It was razor close but I'd say he timed his jump almost perfectly. Without the "off sides" the play would have stood since they didn't flag us for "false start" and they would have gotten the ball in great field position.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Unless they can show on video of a pick play on Devonte's game-winning TD catch, they have nothing to complain about.
What they should be upset about is: 1. Where was Sony Michelle in the 2nd half? 2. Why in the world did they not call a timeout when they saw what we were lined up in on the TD play?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
went to the store today to get some stuff for the office and i saw what appeared to be "great season" uga shirts.

i admit i have been listening a little bit to local sports radio on the short drive to work just to enjoy it. they consider this season one of uga's superlatives on par with 2012 and 2002-3 (when richt only had 1 loss) and a couple of other almost seasons. one guy was mad at kirby for not giving richt a shout out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.