OMG .. the UGA whining about officiating

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
I know all fan bases do it after a loss to a degree ...

I get the Facemask call .. However, after rewatching it, i'm not sure if it would have been a 15 yarder vs a 5 yarder since he let go. I also get that Wilson was stupid with his secondary shove to Fromm.

They are up in arms about the 4th and 4 where we tied the game as said we had a false start. Are they aware that their defender was mugging our receiver in the end zone??? That at best would have been offsetting penalties.

Every game has missed calls .. PERIOD!

They could have called a late hit out of bounds against Najee in late 4th quarter ... Let's not even discuss some of the holding...

Okay .. now I have vented and will move along :).

Amazing game .. amazing experience ... so glad to be there and witness one of greatest comebacks ever!!

RTR

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I don't think the refs saw PI on Harris on that play. I don't recall a flag being thrown, even though he was hit before the ball crossed the goal line.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
They also fail to mention the facemask penalty on one of their linebackers when he grabbed Devonta Smith's facemask, which easily could have been a fifteen yarder for the facemask, and an additional dead-ball foul for unsportsmanlike conduct/unnecessary roughness for slinging him around by the mask. There should also have been another facemask on them when they nearly ripped someone's helmet off by the mask while flat on his back.

It also looked like their tackles were taking turns leaving a tick early throughout the game, and on several occasions, men in motion were moving toward the line of scrimmage at the snap.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Losing stinks, and most people love to blame the refs. In fact, it seems like it has become an American institution to complain about officiating. I doubt a day has passed this last year when someone hasn't complained about the pick play that Clemson used to beat us last year. Officials are human and will miss calls. It happens both ways, though. The winning team forgets about bad calls because they won. The losing team just keeps complaining.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I would say on balance, Alabama held a minor edge in the officiating. I do not think it tilted the game in any noticeable way. Whatever, it is in the books now. Nobody has been hurt more than Alabama over the years.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I don't think the refs saw PI on Harris on that play. I don't recall a flag being thrown, even though he was hit before the ball crossed the goal line.
Najee Harris was mugged on the play where Calvin caught the TD pass. Nothing called.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I know all fan bases do it after a loss to a degree ...

I get the Facemask call .. However, after rewatching it, i'm not sure if it would have been a 15 yarder vs a 5 yarder since he let go. I also get that Wilson was stupid with his secondary shove to Fromm.

They are up in arms about the 4th and 4 where we tied the game as said we had a false start. Are they aware that their defender was mugging our receiver in the end zone??? That at best would have been offsetting penalties.

Every game has missed calls .. PERIOD!

They could have called a late hit out of bounds against Najee in late 4th quarter ... Let's not even discuss some of the holding...

Okay .. now I have vented and will move along :).

Amazing game .. amazing experience ... so glad to be there and witness one of greatest comebacks ever!!

RTR
There are no more 5 yd face mask calls. It’s either 15 or not called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
It's as if Ga played a perfect game, foul wise, and they are ignoring any of the errors Ga made. I saw multiple fouls that could have went against Ga. It's just the Bama hate.

There was a woman on the WSB Facebook page where they were talking about the "conspiracy" to give Bama the win, who was saying exactly that; Georgia played a "perfect" game and were simply "robbed" by the refs.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I have been finding a great deal of amusement watching the many videos of bulldog fans as they watched their hopes and dreams of a 37 year drought of a national championship slip away when Tua put in the knife of said hopes and dreams and twisted it....it really helps offset the spewed excrement from their fans trying to drum up excuses over penalties that weren’t called, their cocky confidence leading up to the game of “Wanting Bama”, and has helped keep a permanent grin on my face at work today while running on no sleep!!!!!!

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Apparently, we have the refs in our pocket and paid them, but I guess we didn't pay them enough... I mean they let us get down 13-0 at half, what were they thinking?😂

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
... Let's not even discuss some of the holding...
Have an issue with this, “some” holding?

JK, agree - lots of calls and no calls both ways - seriously could have called offensive holding and DPI many times against them.

We’d all complain about the officiating, but the insane whining and conspiracies are coping mechanisms imo...and mack brown says hi

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I actually was pleasantly surprised during both games that the refs were letting the teams play for the most part, and weren’t habitually calling ticky tacky BS calls. Bama has just as many arguments of no calls as does UGA, except the dawgs didn’t get the end result they wanted. Traditionally, We have always had to fight to win over our opponent, AND the zebras.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Apparently, we have the refs in our pocket and paid them, but I guess we didn't pay them enough... I mean they let us get down 13-0 at half, what were they thinking?��
I think the transaction was still pending so they were waiting until it finally went through.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Apparently, we have the refs in our pocket and paid them, but I guess we didn't pay them enough... I mean they let us get down 13-0 at half, what were they thinking?
Yeah If the refs are in our pocket we need to ask for a refund for every game played in JHS...ever.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Water is wet. The sky is blue. And, UGA complains about the officiating. All facts of life since creation.

Seriously, though, those officials were atrocious on both sides. They didn’t even know the correct hand signals. He used the PI hand gesture for block in the back all night.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.