The 7 Juniors - Who is coming out early?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If he gets drafted, consider it a blessing. Look for him to be signed as an undrafted free agent. His medical concerns are vast as is his durability. That's been ongoing since high school. I'm not sure he gets an invite to the combines either.
Here's s scouting report that, for right now, has him right where I suggested:

Bo Scarborough*, RB, Alabama
Height: 6-2. Weight: 228.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2018): 3-5.

12/30/17: Scarbrough is averaging 5.1 yards per carry in 2017 for 549 yards with eight touchdowns. He has 14 receptions for 92 yards as well. Scarborough has the upside to produce more, but Damien Harris is serving as Alabama's feature back while others are splitting backup reps with Scarbrough.

7/17/17: Scarbrough emerged as a potentially devastating workhorse running back at the end of the 2016 season. He averaged 6.5 yards per carry on the year for 812 yards with 11 touchdowns. He is similar to Derrick Henry with the size to run over defenders and a surprising burst to break off long runs for a big back. Scarborough could be a workhorse back for the NFL.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php#ixzz53o5XhoI4

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php#otooVuIWB2CJwyCW.99

I don't think it's outrageous to suggest he has a mid round grade at this point. Medicals have to check out and he has to keep himself in shape. I fully admit he could slip to the late rounds come April but he's a consensus mid round pick as of right now..

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
I don't know how much actual production on the field nowadays plays into NFL drafts... at least compared to what it used to be. A guy that's got serious measurables will find at least one team willing to take an unreasonable pick (in terms of overall selection). At this point, I don't think Harris has anything left on the field to prove that would convince a team to take him - and while I selfishly would like Payne to stay, I think he has to leave. Don't think Harrison stands to gain much more either.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I think Bo will get a recommendation to stay another year.
After the news media caught Scarborough's vile comments about our president... I want him gone.
He was a great back for us, but now he is a potential infection in our team.
Bo has since denied those comments, but in my book
Trump, doesn't sound like Georgia.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I love both of those guys. Payne will make a great Pro. He has the right attitude and he's tough. I hate to see him go, but he's Gold.

Damien Harris is a really good back. Glad to have him stay. He brings maturity to a young stable of Running Backs. If our QB can stretch the field next year, it will open up running lanes. Harris and Harris are gonna be great together.

Last edited:

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Payne will not be a top 10 pick because he's not a great pass rusher. Similar situation as to why A'Shawn Robinson and Jarran Reed slipped to 2nd round. Payne may be a first round pick but I'd be really surprised to see top 10. Ridley has a better chance of being a top 10 pick than Payne. According to everything I've read from NFL scouts he's the unanimous #1 WR in the draft. Corey Davis was the 1st WR drafted last year with the #5 overall pick. I think most scouts would rank Ridley above Corey Davis. Agree with what you said about the rest..
He said that Payne could be a top ten pick next year, if he came back.

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I love Harris(34) but I think next year Harris(22) will be the top RB and Damien stock won't go up any if he is the #2 back......
I think Damien retains the lead back status. Regardless, we've had plenty of Alabama teams utilize two backs at a very high level (Mark & Trent, Lacy & Yeldon, Yeldon & Henry). 15-20 consistent touches a game, and Damien can absolutely improve his stock. Not to mention the depth at RB this draft.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.