Link: Which Alabama freshmen redshirted during 2017-18 season?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Its insane how much talent this class has. I had forgotten about a few of these guys and I can't wait for them to contribute in the next few years. Personally, I would love if Shavers works out, I want another big speedy WR along the lines of Julio.

Also, poor Elliot Baker. Idk how he sees the field at tackle any time soon.

Its insane how much talent this class has. I had forgotten about a few of these guys and I can't wait for them to contribute in the next few years. Personally, I would love if Shavers works out, I want another big speedy WR along the lines of Julio.

Also, poor Elliot Baker. Idk how he sees the field at tackle any time soon.
Maybe he’ll play somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wills and Leatherwood clearly were ahead of the curve because we don't usually bring in JUCOs to be depth. But we were VERY thin at OT coming into 2017, so it kinda makes sense.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Only thing I don’t like about this class is the glaring whole we have in the secondary. I hope that doesn’t come back to bite us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Maybe that's why there are so many defensive back prospects in the running for the remainder of this class.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Wills and Leatherwood clearly were ahead of the curve because we don't usually bring in JUCOs to be depth. But we were VERY thin at OT coming into 2017, so it kinda makes sense.
We've whiffed on a few JUCO OL guys. Baker looks to be one of those. Wouldn't be shocked if he heads elsewhere.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We had a ton of success with JUCOs early in the Saban era but it has been less fruitful of late.
OL seems to be the troubled spot.

James Carpenter and Dom Jackson each started.

Had the unfortunate incident with Aaron Douglas.

Charles Baldwin and Elliot Baker have been our two most recent JUCO OL signees, and neither has played a down for UA (Baldwin transferred the summer after arriving).

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
From what I heard it was tough keeping them off the field about half way through the season and they would have started at about ANY other school. I expect both to win jobs this Spring/Fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
From what I heard it was tough keeping them off the field about half way through the season and they would have started at about ANY other school. I expect both to win jobs this Spring/Fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rto22 seems to think that Jonah Williams will do the Barrett Jones next season and play center.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Good looking group. Expecting big things from Shavers and Townsend next season. McDonald will definitely have a shot to earn some pt.I think Mathis is a forgotten man by many when us fans are discussing dt depth as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.