Question: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 91
  1. #40
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    56

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    With Damian Harris coming back, I wonder if there is any thought on moving Ronnie Clark back over to safety? Assuming nobody jumps ship, Harris, Harris, Jacobs, Robinson, Ford...

  2. Advertisement
  3. #41
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,506

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBen15 View Post
    With Damian Harris coming back, I wonder if there is any thought on moving Ronnie Clark back over to safety? Assuming nobody jumps ship, Harris, Harris, Jacobs, Robinson, Ford...
    Could happen, but he'd need to get his weight down a bit. when he signed he was slated to play S and was told he had to stay at or below 215 to make that happen, but he's always been a bit bigger than that. might be able to fit into a package role like Money but this late in his career it might be hard to make a push for a true FS or SS role. Might also be able to gain some weight to add depth at ILB, but again, not sure he could make a push for a starting role this late into his career. He took a redshirt, and graduated in December, so I could also see him moving on to the next phase in his life/career or transferring somewhere to play his last year.

  4. #42
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    56

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by gtgilbert View Post
    Could happen, but he'd need to get his weight down a bit. when he signed he was slated to play S and was told he had to stay at or below 215 to make that happen, but he's always been a bit bigger than that. might be able to fit into a package role like Money but this late in his career it might be hard to make a push for a true FS or SS role. Might also be able to gain some weight to add depth at ILB, but again, not sure he could make a push for a starting role this late into his career. He took a redshirt, and graduated in December, so I could also see him moving on to the next phase in his life/career or transferring somewhere to play his last year.
    I should have been more clear. I meant back on the defensive side of the ball...not necessarily pigeon-holed at safety. I like kids like RC that will do what is best for the team.

  5. #43
    BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Argo, AL, St Clair
    Posts
    3,687

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    The depth charts all look like what I would guess but all have this one glaring issue. The biggest lack of experience in the secondary we have ever put on a field under Saban. Saban's coverages take time to learn and unfortunately there is no way to learn it but to do it. Mental breakdowns lead to long uncontested soul crushing touchdowns. The season will literally hinge on how quickly the new starters learn and how healthy they stay.
    BS 1989

  6. #44
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    35,105

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    The depth charts all look like what I would guess but all have this one glaring issue. The biggest lack of experience in the secondary we have ever put on a field under Saban. Saban's coverages take time to learn and unfortunately there is no way to learn it but to do it. Mental breakdowns lead to long uncontested soul crushing touchdowns. The season will literally hinge on how quickly the new starters learn and how healthy they stay.
    Well good thing the schedule plays out fairly well for the inexperienced secondary then...
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  7. #45
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    The depth charts all look like what I would guess but all have this one glaring issue. The biggest lack of experience in the secondary we have ever put on a field under Saban. Saban's coverages take time to learn and unfortunately there is no way to learn it but to do it. Mental breakdowns lead to long uncontested soul crushing touchdowns. The season will literally hinge on how quickly the new starters learn and how healthy they stay.
    I think the secondary will be very good. The talent is there and it helps when you have the types of pass rushers that Alabama will have in 2018. After what our defense endured injury wise in 2017, I'm not afraid of anything.

  8. #46
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by LA4Bama View Post
    Speaking of Olinemen, did anyone think Jonah looked really bad even before he got injured. I wondering if he was already injured or sick, because he kept getting beat. Anyone know?
    Leatherwood played very well I thought. He'll be the starter at left tackle in 2018 in my opinion. Jedrick Wills will be on the field, too. I think the offensive line could be one of the best Alabama's ever had from a talent standpoint.

  9. #47
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    pensacola,fl
    Posts
    521

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by LA4Bama View Post
    Speaking of Olinemen, did anyone think Jonah looked really bad even before he got injured. I wondering if he was already injured or sick, because he kept getting beat. Anyone know?
    I watched the ESPN Homer Cast version of the game tonight and they said that Jonah was sick, not feeling well, and the staff was putting cold towels on him. This was in the 1st quarter. Leatherwood did a heck of a job coming in after Jonah went down.

  10. #48
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    cullman, al, usa
    Posts
    4,874

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by cooleddie View Post
    I watched the ESPN Homer Cast version of the game tonight and they said that Jonah was sick, not feeling well, and the staff was putting cold towels on him. This was in the 1st quarter. Leatherwood did a heck of a job coming in after Jonah went down.
    I watched that version last night, too, and Leatherwood definitely played great. There were so many guys who contributed and made big plays. I know Tua is getting the most credit because he plays QB, but that was a total team effort. It was fun to watch so many different guys step-up and make plays for us. I was able to notice those things more since I wasn't worried about who would win. Even knowing we would win, I found it hard to believe at times that we would be able to get it done. There were many situations in that game when it would have been easy for our guys to say this just isn't our night and quit. We kept playing hard and making plays. It was great.

  11. #49
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15,886

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
    I watched that version last night, too, and Leatherwood definitely played great. There were so many guys who contributed and made big plays. I know Tua is getting the most credit because he plays QB, but that was a total team effort. It was fun to watch so many different guys step-up and make plays for us. I was able to notice those things more since I wasn't worried about who would win. Even knowing we would win, I found it hard to believe at times that we would be able to get it done. There were many situations in that game when it would have been easy for our guys to say this just isn't our night and quit. We kept playing hard and making plays. It was great.
    I have watched the game a few times but only really watched it closely again last night and this is absolutely true. Tua provided the spark, but without GREAT play from a bunch of other guys and a little bit of luck, Alabama does not win that game. Sure, it was still Tua's coming out party, but Alabama needed a whole lot more than Tua to win that game. Everyone on that team deserves as much credit as Tua for #17.

  12. #50
    BamaNation All-SEC Moro Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Equine country
    Posts
    1,121

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    OFFENSE

    LT: Leatherwood/Lashley
    LG: Womack/Brown
    C: J. Williams/Kennedy
    RG: Cotton/Petibon
    RT: Wills/Baker
    TE: Hentges/Tennison
    HB: Smith/Clark
    RB: N. Harris/Jacobs/Robinson
    QB: Tagovaiola/Hurts/Jones
    SE: Ruggs/Kief
    FL: Smith/Townsend
    WR: Jeudy/Shavers
    Love your first unit, especially OL. RTR

  13. #51
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moro Creek View Post
    Love your first unit, especially OL. RTR
    I'm pretty sure Pierschbacher is back so he will still be the starter at left guard. It will be interesting to see if Wills can beat out Womack at right tackle. Womack played well for the most part but Wills is a beast. The depth and competition up front should be incredible. Also have to factor in all of the tight ends are returning.

  14. #52
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    35,105

    Re: What will Bama's depth chart look like next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Pierschbacher is back so he will still be the starter at left guard. It will be interesting to see if Wills can beat out Womack at right tackle. Womack played well for the most part but Wills is a beast. The depth and competition up front should be incredible. Also have to factor in all of the tight ends are returning.
    Saban likes to play the best five guys, so if Wills beats out Womack, we could see Womack move to guard. The question will be if the five guys can gel well enough.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!