Is Foster or Purdy a priority now?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
If we lose one of either Jalen or Tua will signing a qb in this class make a jump in importance? In other words, can Mac Jones play if needed?

rtr

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Re: Is Lawrence or Purdy a priority now?

If we lose one of either Jalen or Tua will signing a qb in this class make a jump in importance? In other words, can Mac Jones play if needed?

rtr
Depth is always good but the sentiments before the NC game is if we missed on a QB this cycle we would be fine. Just my thoughts but I'm thinking Mac Jones may be the one that will be transferring out of the 3.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

I apologize. I mean the Foster kid from Montgomery. The minds a little fuzzy these days.

rtr

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

We need a QB in this class no matter what. And we don't need anybody to transfer if all possible but know that may not happen. With that said I think Purdy is the take over Foster but somebody else may emerge in the next 4 weeks.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I thought it was funny.....that article said he got an offer from both National Champions....it caught me off guard...then it said UCF......lol ...that explains it.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I wonder if Purdy is being offered as more of a "signal giver", "holder", "scout QB" - type QB. Someone that can emulate a pro-style QB.....

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
make no mistake , Purdy is legit. he doesn't have ideal measurable, but he is very good. watch his films and determine for yourself. honestly, I think he is underrated and should have been ranked higher. I truly hope he pulls the trigger and after reading his interview, I think he is very , very excited to get an offer from Alabama. I don't think Bama gave him a full ride just to hold the clipboards or be on the scout team.
as others have alluded, you always want a QB in every class. 3 scholarship QB on your roster isn't enough . every player is one play away from season ending. lastly, transfers are real concerns at every major school.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
make no mistake , Purdy is legit. he doesn't have ideal measurable, but he is very good. watch his films and determine for yourself. honestly, I think he is underrated and should have been ranked higher. I truly hope he pulls the trigger and after reading his interview, I think he is very , very excited to get an offer from Alabama. I don't think Bama gave him a full ride just to hold the clipboards or be on the scout team.
as others have alluded, you always want a QB in every class. 3 scholarship QB on your roster isn't enough . every player is one play away from season ending. lastly, transfers are real concerns at every major school.
Aren't we going bonkers over a short, left handed quarterback right now? Dude looks good hitting receivers in stride, which is a skill that can be improved upon with practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I’m confused. Are you saying he needs improvement hitting receivers in stride?
I'm saying that throwing to kids in Arizona high school is a little different than throwing to receivers in college, the guy does it well and I'm sure it's something he can improve on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
He has a commitable offer from the reining national champions, so I am assuming he ain't chopped liver.

Rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.